TEHDAS – Towards a European Health Data Space
About the project
The background of the Project is that the European Council adopted a specific call to set up the European Health Data Space by the end of 2021.
The main objectives of the TEHDAS Joint Action are:
- Contribute to ensuring the protection and free flow of data in the health sector based on the examination how Member States and other participating countries have applied the GDPR rules on processing health data.
- Draft options on the secondary use of health data, including the application of big data and artificial intelligence in health and long-term care.
- To provide technical support for the development of guidelines on effective methods for enabling the use of medical information for public health and research.
- Propose options for governance models for data-sharing at EU level, in particular networking for secondary use.
Consortium leader: Finnish Innovation Fund (SITRA)
Role of HSMTC: Affiliated Entity
- Bundesministerium für Soziales, Gesundheit, Pflege und Konsumentenschutz, Austria
- Federal Public Service Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment, Belgium
- Ministry of Health Republic of Bulgaria
- Croatian Health Insurance Fund
- Ministry of Health, Cyprus
- The Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic
- Danish Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Social Affairs, Estonia
- French Health Data Hub
- Bundesministerium für Gesundheit (BMG), Germany
- 6th Health Region of Peloponnese, Ionian Islands, Epirus and Western, Greece
- Országos Kórházi Főigazgatóság (OKFŐ), Hungary
- Department of Health, Ireland
- Ministero della Salute, Italia
- Ministry of Health of the Republic of Lithuania
- Directorate Health Information and Research – Ministry for Health, Malta
- Transplant Agency of the Republic of Moldova
- Directorate Information Policy of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports, Netherlands
- Norwegian Ministry of Health
- Shared Services of the Ministry of Health, Portugal
- Institute of Public Health of Serbia
- National Institute of Public Health, Slovenia
- Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud, Spain
- Swedish e-Health Agency
- National Health Service, UK
Name: László Bencze
Phone: + 36 20-666-3955
For further information please visit this website: