All participants are invited to submit abstracts on one of the topics listed below for presentation at the Semmelweis Symposium 2013.
Deadline for submission of abstracts:
October 7, 2013
Guidelines for preparation and submission of abstracts:
- Abstracts may be submitted via internet only. Abstracts submitted via fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English using UK English spelling.
- The abstract text may not be longer than 2000 characters, including spaces. (excluding title, authors and affiliation)
- The background and goals of the study should appear clearly to the reader. The methods and results must contain data, and the conclusions must be clearly expressed.
- We request the following structure: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Avoid complex mathematical formulae. For the symbols ≤ or ≥ type instead <= or >=. For superscript use caret (^) e.g. 10^6 instead of 106. Do not use Greek letters and symbols. Instead of ‘IFN-γ' use for example ‘IFN-g' or ‘IFN-gamma'.
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text (but, do not define in the title). Example: hereditary angioedema (HAE), before being used as an abbreviation only.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference:
- oral / poster presentation
- poster only
- The scientific board of the Workshop reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- Please, indicate which topic(s) you prefer, by checking the appropriate boxes, maximum three options can be assigned.
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive an acknowledgement by e-mail, confirming the successful file upload (please make sure to register with your correct e-mail address!). Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may simply upload a new file. Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of …. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact the Abstract hotline.
- Abstracts will be subject to a blind peer review by at least 3 experts.
- Authors will be notified on acceptance in mid … by email. Full instructions concerning the preparation and presentation of their abstract will be given at this time.
- All presenting authors must register to attend the conference. One participant can be the presenting author of maximum two abstracts.
If you have difficulties in submitting your abstracts or if you need any further information, please contact the Abstract hotline: Phone +36 1 225 0210 (Monday – Friday during CET business hours) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Molecular mechanisms of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases
- Intercellular communication networks as therapeutic targets in inflammation
- Therapeutic targeting of intracellular signal transduction pathways