A 2018. évi Semmelweis Szimpózium a Semmelweis Egyetem hivatalos, angol nyelvű rendezvénye, amellyel Egyetemünk a Magyar Tudományos Akadémia által meghirdetett Tudomány Napja rendezvényéhez csatlakozik.
A Szimpóziumon lehetőséget szeretnénk biztosítani a Szimpózium által érintett biológiai és orvosi tudományok körében poszterek bemutatására.
Kérjük, hogy ANGOL nyelvű poszterkivonatát legkésőbb 2018. szeptember 16-ig küldje meg a szervezőknek, Prof. Lakatos Péternek (email@example.com) és másolatban Dr. Kósa Jánosnak (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Title of Poster (50-word limit): The title should clearly and succinctly identify the contents of the abstract. Be sure to use title casing. Capitalize the first letter of each word except prepositions, articles, and names of species.
- Authors and Affiliations: Enter each author separately and identify whether the individual is the primary author or a coauthor. Enter each name by providing the author’s name and organization. Do not include the department, division, branch, street address, etc., when completing the organization information.
- Category: The following category selections will be available:
- Personalized Oncology
- Prenatal genetics
- Endocrinology / Osteology
- Rare diseases
- Emerging Techniques
- Summative Statement (20- to 25-word limit): Poster abstracts will not be published in the conference book. A summative statement of no more than 25 words is required. Your summative statement should be a brief summary of your research with key points highlighted, providing a basis fordiscussion and interaction.
- Abstract Text (250-word limit): Because of the large number of abstracts presented at the conference, the text of each abstract should consist of no more than 250 words. Do not include your title and author information as part of the abstract body. If you copy and paste text, it should be from a standard Microsoft Word document. Tables and graphics are not recommended, as they are extremely difficult to align in the space available.
- Credits, Footnotes, etc.: Please note that an entry line has been added to the electronic submission to accommodate credits, footnotes, etc., and will not count towards the number of words in the text of the abstract body.
Poster Abstract Notifications Once a poster abstract is submitted, the only means of communication and notification of status will be sent via e-mail. Only the primary author will be sent a letter of notification indicating the acceptance or rejection of an abstract via the e-mail provided. It is incumbent on the submitter to notify all authors of the decision.
- Only posters in portrait format can be mounted.
- The usable surface on the poster board will be 90 cm width x 150 cm height (approx. 35 x 59 inches).
- Only adhesive tape can be used to mount posters. Material will be available onsite.
- Due to regulations, authors are requested to disclose possible conflicts of interest on the poster.
- When presenting data and health information (including photos) all presenters must have informed consent compliant with human subjects and applicable regulations.
- Posters should stimulate discussion, not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics and make sure every item is necessary.
- Include the title of your presentation. The Symposia will not post the abstract titles on display boards.
- The lettering of the poster heading should be at least 2.5 cm high. Detailed information should be provided in a smaller type, but remember that your text must be easily readable from distances of at least 1 meter.
- Optional Materials: If you wish, you may prepare handouts for distribution to interested colleagues.
Alternatively you may include a QR code on the poster which would trigger a download of the handouts
Some authors may also wish to provide business cards/contact information.
Your passport photograph on the poster may facilitate contacts during the congress.
- For additional assistance in preparing your poster, there are a number of excellent resources available online. For more information, type “scientific poster preparation guidelines” into your internet search engine.