Phone +36 1 486 4919
Head of the Department College Professor Ildiko Baji M.D., Ph.D.
Education Following the curriculum reform in 2013, the main task of the Department is to offer the basics in psychology for all specialisations of the Faculty of Health Sciences in the following:
Basics of Psychology – a theoretical course, which includes general psychology, developmental psychology, theories of personality, and social psychology
Communication and Personality Development– a practical course using, on the one hand, the knowledge and techniques of different psychotherapeutic modalities, such as psychodynamic group therapy, psychodrama, and family therapy and, on the other, cognitive modules, such as reading and discussing profession-related materials in order to enhance group cohesion, and to develop personality traits necessary for each profession;
Psychology of Supportive Connection (Health psychology) – a theoretical course followed by small group activity. The theoretical part includes basic knowledge of clinical and health psychology, such as the history and significance of the biopsychosocial model;
The main topics: mental health and psychotherapy, the emotional background of illness, burn-out, dying and mourning, aggression and traumas, depression and anxiety, environmental psychology, psychosomatics, development psychology, childcare, deprivation and its consequences.
DIVISION OF APPLIED PEDAGOGY
The main profile of the Division of Applied Pedagogy includes:
- Promoting the basics of theoretical and practical health pedagogy for students in B.Sc. and M.Sc. programmes;
- Emphasising the pedagogical aspects of patient care;
- Improving the indispensable skills in counselling and education in paramedical professions;
- Methods of teaching health promotion, and the possibilities for the development of a better health culture.
Research Since the Department’s scope is inevitably broad, staff members participate in research activities of various psychological fields:
- Nutritional and sport habits of students
- Stress among the Professional helpers
- The exploration of the learning attitude among 19-26 years old students
- Malignus breast tumor patients and the quality of life correlations, the effect of multidisciplinary psychosocial interventions in the healing process
- The examination of social environment, defining one by way of temperament of agora and social phobia
- Social and environmental factors affecting maternal birth experience and stress levels during labour and birth
Dr. NAGYNÉ Dr. BAJI Ildikó
College professor, Head of Department
College associate professor