- Enrolment (student registration)
Date: from 9:00 a.m. on 29 and 31 August
Documents to be presented at registration:
- passport/identity card,
- original High School Diploma /Secondary School Leaving Certificate and a copy of it or the validated English translation if applicable.
Documents to be handed in at registration:
- A copy of High School Diploma / Secondary School Leaving Certificate or of its English translation,
- Personal Details Form filled and signed (you are going to receive it on site),
- Declaration signed (you are going to receive it on site),
- Text of the Freshmen’s Oath signed (if you have it).
At the registration, the administration of the following will take place:
A special insurance is provided for our students, and its fee is included in the tuition fee. The service includes an English speaking call center, GP-service and treatment at the Polyclinics and Clinics of Semmelweis University. As long as you pay your tuition fee each semester and you are a registered active student, this insurance is automatically renewed until the end of your studies. The Hungarian health insurance provided by the University is only valid from the date of enrolling at the University. The health insurance is automatically suspended if the student registers for a passive semester.
Application procedure for student card:
- Students need to activate their current semesters in Neptun.
Without the semester activation, the student card application cannot be started.
- After the activation, students need to go to the Office of
Government that Issues Documents (short term: Registration Office; in Hungarian: Okmányiroda) and apply for a ’NEK’ document for
student card. Passport is required. They will take a photo of you
and have your main data registered.
- Please return the ’NEK’ document to the Foreign Students
Secretariat and the Office will finish the application.
- The Secretariat will inform the students if the plastic student
card has arrived.
- Students can have a temporary student card.
A temporary Student Card (an A4-format certificate valid for two months) will be given by the Foreign Students’ Secretariat in mid-September the earliest. You can use the temporary card until the issuance of a permanent one. Please bear in mind that student discounts (e.g. at public transport) can be only claimed in the possession of a temporary or permanent card, so you will need to use regular fare tickets in the first month. With the temporary student card students are entitled to buy students’ monthly tickets for the public transport (metro, bus, tram, trolley, HÉV). Ask for a DIÁKBÉRLET, buy railways or long-distance bus tickets
at a reduced price, access a number of services and discounts (e.g.
library services, sport facilities, various travel, cultural and
commercial discounts, etc.).
We try to minimize waiting time and queuing, and we apologize in advance for the inconvenience delays may cause. Thank you for your patience.
2. Opening Ceremony and the Freshmen’s Oath
The Opening Ceremony and the Freshmen’s Oath will take place at 3 p.m. on 5 September.
Venue: Semmelweis University Theoretical Building – NET (1089 Budapest, 4 Nagyvárad square)
New students are obliged to participate. Invitation cards will be distributed at the enrolment.
Please arrive at the venue until 1.30pm.
3. Introduction to Higher Education course
from 1-3 September, 2020
4. Subject registration
31 August 10:00 am – 4 September 12:00 am
WE WISH YOU ALL SUCCESSFUL YEARS IN YOUR STUDIES!