The Senate of Semmelweis University
The Senate is the main governing body of Semmelweis University endowed with the authority to make decisions and recommendations, to form opinions, and to supervise. The Senate determines the course of the University’s educational and research activities and sees to their realisation, with due regard to the Founding Charter. The rector of Semmelweis University serves as president of the Senate, while the secretary-general serves as its secretary.
the STANDING COMMITTEES
The Senate has the authority to create committees to carry out its tasks related to forming opinions, making recommendations, preparing decisions, and supervising.
The composition, tasks, scope of activities and jurisdiction of the committees are defined by the Senate. Each committee establishes its own rules of operation, in accordance with their assigned tasks. The committees may be formed for a specific period of time, or as occasion requires.
The standing committees’ mandates are valid for one election cycle. All organisational units of the University must support the committees’ work by providing the information they require.
Standing committees with authority over the entire university
- Equal Opportunities Committee
- University Ethics Committee
- Committee for the Review of Students’ Judicial Remedy Appeals
- Committee for Pharmaceutical Therapy, Antibiotics and Infection Control
- Habilitation Committee
- Committee for Students’ Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities
- External Research Assessment Committee
- Quality Improvement and Assessment Committee
- Semmelweis University’s Animal Welfare Committee
- Scientific Council
Standing Committees of the Faculties
- Examination and Studies Committee
- Credit Transfer Committee
- Ethical and Disciplinary Committee
- Practical Training Committee
- Publishing and Library Committee