How to obtain a new student card?
1. To obtain a new student card, you must first have an official photo taken and provide your official signature at Központi Okmányiroda (Central Document Office).
1133 Budapest, Visegrádi utca 110-112.
- Monday: 8:00 – 20:00
- Tuesday: 8:00 – 20:00
- Wednesday: 8:00 – 20:00
- Thursday: 8:00 – 20:00
- Friday: 8:00 – 20:00
- Saturday: 8.00 – 14.00
- Sunday: 8.00 – 14.00
You must take your residence permit and passport with you to the Központi Okmányiroda.
2. There you will be given a NEK (Nemzeti Egységes Kártyarendszer) data sheet. Please check all data on the document. The data on the given form has to be the same as it is in your Neptun. The NEK form has a 16-character identification number in the upper right corner.
3. Log in to your Neptun and enter your addresses (the temporary Hungarian address and the permanent address in your home country) if they are not in the system yet.
4. Go to “Administration” and click on “Student Card request” in the drop-down list.
A smiley will warn you not to add the hyphens when typing in your 16 character NEK identifier into the yellow text box!
- Click on the grey tab “Add new” and type your 16 character NEK identifier into the blank called “NEK azonosító”
- Then choose “Demand type”. Check that your permanent (home) address is correct and appears in the “Street, number” text box. Do not set a code in the field of second institution code.
5. Please send the NEK data sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. If the above has been completed the process of the student card application will be started.
The temporary student card has to be renewed in every 2 months.
You will receive the temporary student card after the NEK data sheet has been sent to the above email address.
Student Card Information (pdf)