Residence permit administration (new applications, renewals, etc.) conducted by the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing is suspended between January 1. 2024 and February 29. 2024. You will still be able to edit your already started application and upload necessary documentation.
Any residence permits that would expire during the above mentioned time period will see their validity extended until April 30. 2024.
Please note, however, that you should reconsider travelling abroad in view of the expiry date on the document, as it is uncertain whether you will be allowed to enter Hungary (and thus the Schengen area) in another Member State.
During the above period, only the below cases will be processed:
- biometric data registration for cases initiated prior to December 31. 2023;
- document replacement and re-issue;
- extension of an expiring temporary residence permit;
- extension of the validity of an immigration permit;
- applications for registration certificates and permanent residence cards for EEA nationals;
- applications for the issue and renewal of residence cards and long-term residence cards for family members of EEA nationals.
After February 29. 2024, the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing will continue the procedure without a separate request and will take a decision in accordance with the legislation in effect at the time of the request.