- 1985-1988 Budapest University of Technology, Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Department of Organic and Biological Chemicals, Budapest, BSc in Chemical Technical Engineering
- 1988-1990 Budapest University of Technology, Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineer, Budapest, MSc in Biological Engineering
2000 Candidate of Biological Sciences (PhD)
Title of dissertation: Intrinsic regulatory mechanisms of vein and venule tone – the role of the endothelium
|1990-1996||As a scholarship holder of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences for advanced scientific studies (Scientific Qualification Committee (II. Department of Biology)): SOTE, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Experimental Research – II. Institute of Physiology, Budapest|
|1996-2008||Research Associate, Semmelweis University (SU), Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Experimental Research and Human Physiology, Budapest|
|2008-2009||Assistant college professor, Semmelweis University, Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS), Institute of Morphology and Physiology, Budapest|
|2009-2012||College professor, Semmelweis University, FHS, Institute of Morphology and Physiology, Budapest|
|2012-||Honorary college professor, Semmelweis University, FHS, Institute of Morphology and Physiology, Budapest|
|2013- 2018||Head of Department, Semmelweis University, FHS, Institute of Morphology and Physiology, Budapest|
|2016-2020||Vice Dean for Scientific Affairs, Semmelweis University, FHS, Budapest|
|2020-||Dean, Semmelweis University, FHS, Budapest|
Study trips abroad:
- 1992. Department of Physiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
- 1993-1997. New York Medical College, Department of Physiology, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
- 2016. Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Nursing, Shanghai, China, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Culture 17 hours course
- 2019. Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Erasmus mobility program
Medical physiology in Hungarian and English (practices, consultations)
Teaching Clinical cardiovascular physiology elective course (classroom lectures)
Subject teacher of Applied chemistr
Applied chemistry (classroom lectures)
Subject teacher of applied physiology and pathophysiology
Applied physiology and pathophysiology (classroom lectures, practices)
Chapters on venous circulation and hemodynamics (elective course, classroom lectures)
Supervising the preparation of Students’ Scientific Association (TDK) works and the preparation of diploma theses and Rector’s thesis competition
Performing mentoring tasks
Supervision of the following TDK presentations, Rector’s thesis competition and diploma theses:
1. Mária Tóth (SU Faculty of Medicine IV. II. Institute of Clinical Experimental Research – II. Institute of Physiology)
SU Faculty of Medicine Students’ Scientific Association Conference, 1992 (2nd place)
2. Viktória Kovács, Andrea Horváth (SU Faculty of Medicine IV. Institute of Clinical Experimental Research and Human Physiology)
SU Faculty of Medicine Students’ Scientific Association Conference, 2000 (Rector’s laudation)
3. Orsolya Prigya (SU Faculty of Medicine IV. Institute of Clinical Experimental Research and Human Physiology): Myogenic tone of the saphenous vein increases after one week of experimental orthostasis,
SU Faculty of Medicine Students’ Scientific Association Conference, 2005.
4. Orsolya Prigya (SU Faculty of Medicine IV.): How rapidly myogenic tone in the saphenous vein is augmented by experimental orthostasis. Orvosi és Gyógyszerészeti Szemle (Marosvásárhely), 51/suppl. 1: 16, 2005.
Since 2008 at Semmelweis University’s Faculty of Health Scinences:
1. Ádám Németi: Formation of a collateral branch system as a result of chronic narrowing of the rat saphenous vein (a possible model of varicosity disease), 2010.
Quality award, Students’ Union special award, participation in the jubilee XXX. National Students’ Scientific Conference, Dean’s laudative diploma
2. Ádám Németi, Attila Dobai: Effect of sustained gravitational loading on collateral branch system of rat venous saphenous vein in a varicosity model, 2011.
Quality award, opportunity to participate on the National Students’ Scientific Conference in 2013
3. Ádám Németi: Effect of orthostatic loading on rat venous saphenous collateral branch system in the late stage of varicosity model, 2012.
Quality award, participation on the XXXI. National Students’ Scientific Conference, laudative diploma
4. Ádám Németi: Biomechanical features of angiogenesis (Rector’s thesis competition) 2012.
Laudation, thesis with the same title, 2013
5. Orsolya Sevcsik, Zsófia Sziráki, Dóra Varga: Simultaneous effect of gravitational loading and saphenous vein suppression in a rat varicosity model, 2013.
Special Prize of the Society of Physiotherapists, opportunity to participate in the National Students’ Scientific Association Conference in 2015
6. Orsolya Sevcsik, Zsófia Sziráki, Dóra Varga: Simultaneous effect of gravitational loading and saphenous vein suppression in a rat varicosity model,
National Students’ Scientific Association Conference, Semmelweis University FHS, Budapest, 2015.
7. Zsófia Sziráki: Morphological features of saphenous vein branches in a rat varicosity model, 2015.
Professional Quality Award, extra opportunity to participate in the National Students’ Scientific Association
8. Attila Nitsch: Permanent gravitational and antigravity effects on vascular function, thesis, 2015.
9. Virág Majsai, Máté Gulyás, Alexander J. Fees: Modification of venous wall structure in a varicosity model in rats, 2019.
Quality award, opportunity to participate in the National Scientific Student Conference in 2019
10. Virág Majsai: The role of pressure and flow in the development of venous varicosity of the lower extremities – Venous stenosis, lifestyle, possible effects of pregnancy, thesis, 2020.
Activities as opponent, evaluator:
1. Annamária Szénási: Investigation and development options of nervous system immaturity (Rector’s thesis competition), evaluator, 2012.
2. Petra Balla: Viscoelasticity of large arteries (MSc thesis paper), evaluator, 2013.
3. Tamás Valasek: Possibilities of examining dysfunction due to low back pain with the help of validated, self-administered health assessment questionnaires (doctoral thesis), opponent, 2014.
4. Dr. Dezső Módos: Regulation of signaling networks and its investigation in tumors (PhD thesis), opponent, 2017.
Membership in doctoral examination, PhD, and habilitation defense committees:
1. Dr. Árpád Lux: Nitric oxide-mediated cardioprotection during ischemic myocardial damage and sports heart development (PhD thesis), Secretary of PhD Defense Committee, 2016
2. Csaba Orbán: T lymphocyte potassium channel function in childhood Crohn’s disease (PhD thesis), Secretary of PhD Defense Committee, 2017
3. Dr. András Iring, Member of PhD examination committee, 2017
4. Eszter Lefkovics: Depressive and anxiety disorders in the perinatal period and their effect on maternal perception (PhD thesis), Workplace discussion of PhD dissertation, chairwoman of the committee, 2018
5. Dr. Nóra Sydó: The role of electrocardiography and exercise testing in the assessment of cardiovascular risk in athletes and non-athletes (PhD thesis), Secretary of PhD Defense Committee, 2018
6. Márta Bartusné Dr. Szmodis: A comprehensive study of the morphological, physiological, and psychosomatic effects of regular physical activity in children and young adults (Habilitation dissertation), member of Habilitation Committee), 2019
1. Evaluating OTKA applications
2. As a member of the Semmelweis University Scientific Council, evaluating university scientific applications, 2016-
3. Carrying out expert tasks for new National Excellence Program for Faculty of Health Sciences applications, 2017, 2018
Performing the duties of reviewing professional journals:
- Physiology International
- Deveplopments in Health Sciences
Comparative Health Science Symposium I. „Outstanding early movement development methods” 12 May 2017, SU Faculty of Health Sciences, Budapest, organiser, chairwoman
Comparative Health Science Symposium II. „Healthy and active aging – New achievements in prevention and rehabilitation”, 18 May 2018, SU Faculty of Health Sciences, Budapest, organiser, chairwoman
Comparative Health Science Symposium III. „Humane aging”, 14 December 2018, SU Faculty of Health Sciences, Budapest, organiser, chairwoman
Comparative Health Science Symposium IV. „Preeclampsia: from molecules to maternal care ”(as part of the Semmelweis250 series of events), 15 November 2019, SU Faculty of Health Sciences, Budapest, organiser, chairwoman
Memberships in scientific and other organizational and editorial committees:
|1991-||Hungarian Physiological Society|
|2000-||Scientific Committee of Molecular Biology, Genetics and Cell Biology of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, member of the public body|
|2005-||Hungarian Society of Microcirculation and Vascular Biology|
|1999-2011||Acta Physiologica Hungarica, Assistant Editor|
|2012-||Acta Physiologica Hungarica (2016-tól Physiology International), Associate Managing Editor|
|2013-||SU-FHS, Faculty Council, member|
|2013-2018||SU-FHS Committee on Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, Chairwoman|
|2013-||SU-FHS Talent Council, member|
|2014||SU Housing Employer Loan Claims Assessment Committee, member|
|2015-2019||SU Students’ Scientific Association Council, member|
|2019-||SU Students’ Scientific Association Council, representative of institutes of Vas utca block|
|2015||Cost calculation project group of SU FHS, member|
|2015-2018||SU Appeals Committee, member|
|2016-||SU University Scientific Council, representative of FHS|
|2016-||SU Committee Responsible for Chinese Relations, representative of FHS|
|2017-||Health Science Council Traditional Chinese Medicine Commission, member|
|2017-2019||SU Senate, representative of FHS|
|2019-||SU Senate, representative of FHS|
|2017-||SemmelweisScience and Innovation Fund Council, representative of FHS|
|2018-||SU Alumni Board of Directors, member|
|2018-||SU-FHS scientific contact (Special Person of Contact COHEHRE Research – Consortium of Institutes of Higher Education in Health and Rehabilitation in Europe)|
|2018-||Developments in Health Sciences, member of the Editorial Board|
|2018||SU University Social and Equal Opportunities Committee, Interim Committee, Vice-chairwoman|
|2018-||SU-FHS Lecture Notes Committee, member|
|2019-||Semmelweis250 Operations Committee, member|
|2019-||SU Doctoral Council Study and Credit Transfer Committee, chairwoman|
|2019-||University of Physical Education Habilitation Committee, member|
- 2015 Outstanding Scientific Student Education – University Award
- 2015 Mentoring Cup Award – Faculty Award
Childcare periods (3 children)
1997 English intermediate examination (type “C”)
Link to the full authentic list of publications in the Hungarian Scientific Works Library 2:
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-7007-6252