About Conductive Teacher profession
The Conductor Teacher is an educator specialist who can help people with nervous system based motor disabilities to live a life as independently as possible. The conductive pedagogy based on the unique Pető-method and have special focusin the nursery school and primary shools children. Additionally the Conductor Teacher is a full fledged teacher who can teach in any nursery school or primary school.
Conductive education involves all aspects of functionality – from physical functioning to communication to cognitive development to social interaction, experimentation and psychological acceptance – and how these components interact. The conductor is the person who facilitates conductive education, and his or her goal is to cultivate an orthofunctioning personality. This person works directly with the student group, and designs and monitors the course of education.
A graduated Conductive Teacher is able to participate in adult rehabilitation as well, specialized in motor development of those who has neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson disease or Multiple Sclerosis, or conditions after stroke, or cranial/brain injuries.
Career opportunities: working in conductors’ team, working in multi-professional teams in education, rehabilitation or health institutions.
The entrance aptitude exam has 3 main parts:
- Audiometric testing: singing or humming a short melody, folk song etc. from among your national songs, short rhythm patterns clapping after hearing.
- Proof of physical stamina: continuous running at low pace for 3-5 minutes, arm circling while running, crouching down and standing up, changing the directions of running, hopping on one leg then on both legs. Gymnastic exercises: for showing the flexibility of arm, shoulder, hip, and leg joints. Introducing arm, leg and trunk exercises and activities requiring balance skills.
- Short interview in English.
English-language certificate or equivalent document (which proves English-language knowledge). We accept the following results:
- IELTS 5.5
- TOEFL 50+
- CEFR B2
- Duolingo 85+
- PTE 45+
- Cambridge 162+
In the Conductive Pedagogy BA programme the students start their practice classes from the first week. While in the theory side they will study subjects from the social sciences, the medical sciences and the pedagogical sciences.
- The first 2 semester are about the foundation with pedagogy, psychology, IT, foreign language and of course conductive pedagogy.
- In the second year the students get familiar with some neurology courses, and more special courses from the pedagogy and conductive pedagogy courses while they can already choose their specialization for nursery school or primary school or pedagogical rehabilitation.
- In the third year they focus more on neurology, some special communication, pedagogy and medical biology. In the final year they take a look on the legal and ethical aspects of the conductive pedagogy, they study about some alternative methodolgy and they get deep knowledge on rehabilitation.
- During all the fourth year, almost every second classes of their are practice with real children in real social-environment.
Recognition of the Degree
The conductor degree is well known and sought all over the world. Due to the specialty of the conductor profession and its training programme it has been on the process of recognizing this diploma not only in Europe, but all over the world. Based on our experience conductors welcome in all countries of the world.
Why choose Semmelweis University?
- András Pető Faculty offers the original, authentic Pető-method in conductive pedagogy while it is among the very few higher education institution offering this profession as a bachelor level
- The programme has 43% practice classes which is one of the best ratio in the world
- The high practice ratio also means our graduates are full professionals ready to start their job.
- The Faculty has its own practice areas which offers all the necessary opportunity for the students to do their trainings with real children, real families in real-life environment.
How to apply?
- Application form (PDF download; DOCX download)
- A copy of your Secondary School Leaving Certificate from an accredited secondary school. (If you do not have your certificate at the moment of the application, please provide it as soon as you receive it).
- A copy of the official English translation of your Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- An official medical report – signed and stamped by a local General Practicioner
- English-language certificate or equivalent document
- CV (resume) in English
- A personal statement (motivation letter) in English
- Copy of passport or ID card
- Application fee: 475 EUR - Payable at the application, covers the cost of entrance exam.
- Tution fee of the first semester: 4640 EUR - Payable after receiving the letter of completition of the entrance exam. Requierment for the Letter of Acceptance.
- Enrollment fee: 230 EUR - Payable after arrival to the university, covers the enrollment costs.
- Collect the necessary documents
- Receive a Confirmation Letter of Application which will inform about the Entrance Exam and the transfer of the Application Fee
- Complete the Entrance Exam
- Receive a Letter of Completition of Entrance Exam which will inform about the transfer of Tuition Fee
- Transfer the tuition fee
- Receive a Letter of Admission. The document contains all the necessary information for Visa application procedure.
- Apply for visa
- Arrive to school in the first week of September