How/where can I settle my payments?
Online payment by credit/debit card through the SEMAPHOR system
This payment method is only available for paying the admission procedure fee. Card payments are made through a secure online system of OTP Bank, the largest commercial bank in Hungary. The payment can be initiated automatically from the online application system (SEMAPHOR). This is the preferred route of paying the admission procedure fee.
Payment by wire transfer
All payments can be made by wire transfer to Semmelweis University’s below bank account. Payments have to be made in EUR.
Account details of Semmelweis University are as follows:
Bank name: OTP Bank Nyrt.
Bank address: Nádor utca 6., H-1051 Budapest, Hungary
Account holder: Semmelweis University
Account Number (IBAN): HU51117638420088088800000000
SWIFT code (BIC): OTPVHUHB
- The money transfer sheet should include the name of the applicant as written in the passport, as well as the SEMAPHOR Application ID as a note.
- The money transfer note should also include the correspondent Swift/BIC code.
- In case of paying the Application procedure fee, a scanned copy of the transfer sheet has to be uploaded into the SEMAPHOR system as proof of payment prior to submission of the application.
- The net amounts featured as payable fees have to be credited to the account, i.e. all bank commission fees and other charges have to be paid by the applicant.
- The date of payment is the date on which the payment is credited to the University’s bank account, i.e. payments have to arrive to the University’s bank account by the given deadline. Since international wire transfers may take several days, applicants are advised to initiate the wire transfer several days before the given deadline. If the above fees are not credited to our bank account by the above deadlines, applications will not be valid, and admissions will be automatically canceled.
Please contact the Admission Team’s finance administrator at email@example.com to inquire about further information on payment details.
Is there a GPA minimum requirement for application or admission?
There is none. For admission to the English Language Programs of Semmelweis University, an entrance examination has to be taken. The decision is based on the candidate’s biography, previous studies and performance, and primarily on the assessment of the entrance examination.
Are there any standardized tests acceptable instead of the entrance examination?
No, there aren’t. For admission to the English Language Programs of Semmelweis University, the University’s own entrance examination has to be taken.
Can a parent, teacher or friend discuss my application with the University?
According to GDPR, we are not authorized to share our applicants’ personal data with third parties. Nevertheless, the applicants may involve their relatives in their correspondence with the University.
What does the waiting list mean?
If an applicant is placed on the waiting list it means that the performance at the entrance examination was not good enough to get admitted straight away, yet the Admission Board is ready to reconsider his/her admission if vacant student positions are available at the end of the admission period.
Do you accept applicants with Hungarian citizenship?
Hungarian citizens are welcome to join our Hungarian Language Programs only. Based on the position of the Ministry for Innovation and Technology, dual citizens may apply to our English Language Programs too.
Are campus tours offered?
Currently, there are no publicly available campus tours for the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences. We suggest you to send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as to check our virtual tour at Rector’s and Deans’ Building.