- Name of the Department: 1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Budapest
- Head: János Rigó, MD, PhD, DSc
- Address: Baross utca 27, Budapest, Hungary, H-1088
- Telephone: (36-1) 266-04-73; (36-1) 459-1500
- Fax: (36-1) 317-61-74
Contact persons for all information regarding English education:
- Gyula Richárd Nagy, MD, PhD, lecturer, leading tutor
- Mária Prosszer, MD, lecturer, deputy of leading tutor
- Ágnes Harmath, MD, PhD, senior lecturer, tutor
Number of beds: 207
- clinical chemistry
- histology, cytology, fetopathology
- assisted reproduction (andrology, embryology)
- molecular biology
- The Department serves women of all ages. They prefer quiet, clean surroundings and reliable, well educated and kind doctors, nurses, midwives and students. That is why all the doctors and students must be empathic, polite, well dressed, clean, and always ready to help.
- Smoking and irritating behavior is strongly prohibited.
- White slippers (or shoes) are necessary! (Hospital trousers, shirts and overcoats are provided by the Department, as well as keys to the lockers in medical students’ room. Please do not forget to return these valuables on leaving the Department!)
- Please have a phonendoscope and a note-book, to be able to auscultate and take notes.
- To fix a date for an examination the students have to put their names on the NEPTUN system. If a student does not show up on that date, a chance is lost for the examination. A new date is possible only by taking a ticket from the Foreign Students’ Secretariat. Use NEPTUN system to sign up to practical courses and sixth year rotations as well. Please remember: no individual requests are accepted, and alteration from the previously fixed schedules on the NEPTUN will end up in rejection in all circumstances.
- The tutors are ready to help the students anytime. Feel free to contact the leading tutor (Dr. Gyula Richárd NAGY) or the deputy of leading tutor (Dr. Mária Prosszer) personally every Friday between 11.30. – 13.30 with your problems or comments.
- To have the most recent news and updates about English education in our Department, please check the information desk regularly (presented on the right-hand side of the entrance of the main Lecture Hall on the first floor).