The Center for Education of International Studies (CEIS) launched a program series for international students which introduces them to the scientific world and presents academic opportunities at Semmelweis University.
The first online lecture held by Professor Szabolcs Várbíró about thesis writing was followed by more than 200 students and the uploaded lecture has been watched by many others since.
In our second forum, Semmelweis University’s School of PhD Studies will be introduced and the Students’ Scientific Association’s Committee will participate as well, who will go through the steps to help students start a scientific career.
The president of the Doctoral Council will give comprehensive information about PhD studies at Semmelweis University highlighting the most important steps to get students started. This be will followed by an open discussion where students can ask questions from the president of the Doctoral Council, but also from the Vice-Rector for Scientific Affairs, the Vice-Rector for Science and Innovation, the deans, the president of the TDK council and from the president of the Doctoral Students’ Union as well.
Confirmed board members of this forum are:
- Dr. Alán Alpár, vice- rector for international affairs
- Dr. Péter Ferdinandy, vice-rector for science and innovation
- Dr. Zoltán Benyó, president of the Doctoral Council
- Dr. Miklós Kellermayer, dean of the Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Gábor Gerber, dean of the Faculty of Dentistry
- Dr. István Antal, dean of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dr. Attila Szijartó, president of the Students’ Scientific Association Council
- Dr. Szabolcs Bozsányi, Doctoral Students’ Union
The forum will be held online on 21 April 2021 at 5 p.m., via Zoom. Join here: https://semmelweis.zoom.us/j/99786885857
More information and relevant material about the PhD programs can be found on the website of the School of PhD Studies.