- Background: Do you want to learn more about the Training disaster medicine Trainers (TdmT) and be inspired to start a journey which will take you into an exciting world with like-minded people? Read the attached course description, read the IFMSA blog post here or watch this brief video from the 2nd TdmT.
- Action needed: To apply, please fill the form. Students will be selected on the basis of their application. The selection aim for best possible balanced in gender and regional representation.
- Deadline: 3/3/2018 at 23:59 PM GMT
Do you dream about working in disaster settings? Are you interested in playing an active role in emergencies and disasters? Do you want to learn to know how to deliver healthcare when the needs exceed the resources?Apply for the fourth Training disaster medicine Trainers course (TdmT)! It begins with three months online course with interactive activities such as online lectures, quiz and webinar, followed by one week residential course at CRIMEDIM, Novara, Italy. During the whole period you will also have a personal mentor who has experience and expertise in disaster medicine.
The program consists of classes with both conventional and innovative teaching methods, computer based and in live simulations. The students will learn from experts of the emergency and disaster medicine community. At the end of the program, you will posses extensive knowledge about disaster medicine and become a certified IFMSA-CRIMEDIM Disaster Medicine Trainer. This will give you the skills and knowledge to deliver disaster medicine courses to other medical students in your communities as well as the IFMSA General Assemblies and Regional Meetings. TdmT graduates are part of a global network of medical students with the skills and knowledge of delivering a well-planned training course on disaster medicine.
- Dates: The online phase takes place during April – June, the residential course takes place 2nd – 8th July 2018 (with 1.7. being arrival and 8.7. departure day)
- Cost: The fee is 450 Euro and this covers expenses during the residential course such as accommodation, food and local transportation. Travels to and from Novara are not included. We may receive a grant and the fee will then be reduced.
Apply for the 4th international Training disaster medicine Trainers (TdmT) by filling out this form. Deadline to apply is the 3rd of March. Students will be selected on the basis of their application. The selection aim for best possible balance in gender and regional representation. Please note that selected students for TdmT 2018 are expected to complete both the residential and the online course.
In case of any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com..