Teaching Assisstant Scholarship
Terms and conditions of Teaching Assisstant (TA) work at Department of Surgical Research and Techniques in English and German education
Call for Teacher Assistant Scholarship
• 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th year medical student
• Succesfully passed exam of Basic Surgical Techniques with marks excellent (5) or good (4)
• Exemplary behavior
• Achieved at least a good result in the previous academic year
• Has good communication skills
• Has good manual skills
Tasks to be performed:
• Take part in preparation before the practices (eg. preparing shoe covers, srubbing suits, gloves, threads, needles, etc.)
• Assisting the work of the teacher during the pratices
• Participation in lectures of the department
• Develop their own presentation on a chosen topic
• Presentation of their topic at the practices and in online form
• Participation in organizing competitions for 3rd year students
Rules of TA’s work:
• The appointment is for one semester (II. semester)
• The institute announces 6 payed and 6 non-payed TA venues
• Participation on the practices at 12 times/semester, taking into account the block practicals.
• Up to two teacher assisstant can join to each groups
• The schedule will be organized via Doodle a week before of each practice
• During the semester, the demonstrator may be absent from the practices no more than twice/semester
• Participation in the organization of competitions and exams plus a signature may be obtained
• No more absences than allowed
• Active participation on practices
• Presenting their own lecture (in person and / or online)
The amount of the Demonstrator Scholarship is determined according to the provision of the Dean’s Office.
Application is open until the end of the exam period of spring semester of each Academic Year by downloading the application form from the department’s website (https://semmelweis.hu/mutettan). Please send the filled and signed application forms to the email@example.com. The submitted applications will be forwarded to the Faculty’s Dean’s Office.
The head of the Faculty with the involvement of the Student’s Union, decides on the evaluation of the received applications no later than the beginning of the autumn semester, which simultaneously notifies the students and informs the relevant educational and research organizational units.
Following the decision of the Dean, the responsible for TAs of the department will contact the students for further consultation.
Responsible for TAs:
Krisztina Juhos MD.
• NET XI. floor, room 1120.
• Telephone: 06-1-459-1500/56364
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Krisztina Juhos
assistant lecturer, TA coordinator
NET XI. floor – office: 1120.