Terms and conditions of Teaching Assisstant (TA) work at Department of Surgical Research and
Techniques in English and German education
- 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th year medical student
- Succesfully passed exam of Basic Surgical Techniques with marks excellent (5) or good (4)
- Exemplary behavior
- Achieved at least a good result in the previous academic year
- Has good communication skills
- Has good manual skills
Tasks to be performed:
- Take part in preparation before the practices (eg. preparing shoe covers, srubbing suits, gloves, threads, needles, etc.)
- Assisting the work of the teacher during the pratices
- Participation in lectures of the department
- Develop their own presentation on a chosen topic
- Presentation of their topic at the practices and in online form
- Participation in organizing competitions for 3rd year students
Rules of TA’s work:
- The appointment is for one semester (II. semester)
- The institute announces 6 paid and 6 non-paid demonstration venues
- Participation on the practices at least once a week (12 hours per month)
- Up to two teacher assisstant can join to each groups
- During the first week of training, each demonstrator must indicate to the responsible of TAs (in person or by email) which group they would like to join.
- Changing groups are not allowed during the semester
- During the semester, the demonstrator may be absent from the practices no more than twice
- Participation in the organization of competition plus a signature may be obtained
- No more absences than allowed
- Active participation on practices
- Presenting their own lecture (in person and / or online)
Students studying in English or German language will receive the demonstrator grant in one lump sum at the end of the academic semester, after the head of the relevant education and research department has certified the completion of the assignment (certificate of completion). This is done by the Centre forInternational Studies. The amount of the Demonstrator Scholarship will be determined according to the provision of the Dean’s Circular letter 55867-2/AOATO/2020.
Application is open until the end of the exam period of Academic Year 2020/2021. II. Semester (9/7/2021.) by downloading the application form from the department’s website (https://semmelweis.hu/mutettan/en/education/demonstrator-scholarship/). Please send the filled and signed application forms to the firstname.lastname@example.org. The submitted applications will be forwarded to the Faculty’s Dean’s Office. Applications submitted after the deadline or in an incorrect form and manner will not be accepted!
We strongly encourage students studying in German language to submit their application in English using the English application form to the Department of Surgery and Surgery directly at email@example.com. Please include a copy with the german responsible for german education. Applications submitted after the deadline or in an incorrect form and manner will not be accepted!
The head of the Faculty with the involvement of the Student’s Union, decides on the evaluation of the received applications no later than the beginning of the autumn semester, which simultaneously notifies the students and informs the relevant educational and research organizational units.
Following the decision of the Dean, the responsible for TAs of the department will contact the students for further consultation.
Responsible for TAs:
Krisztina Juhos MD.
- NET XI. floor, room 1120.
- Telephone: 06-1-459-1500/56364
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org