Those applicants who are registered self-financed / fee-paying students of a Hungarian higher education institution at the time of the application deadline AND who are now applying for the same study level are only eligible to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum programme if
- they are recommended by their Hungarian host universities where they are studying at the time of application (official recommendation letter), AND
- if their cumulative, corrected sum average (“összesített korrigált kreditindex”) is higher than the students’ average performance in the particular study programme (“szakátlag”).
Apart from the requirements about the average performance of the applicant, they need to be recommended by their Hungarian host universities where they are studying at the time of application.
Please note that in order to receive an official recommendation letter from Semmelweis University, applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- a Recommendation Letter by a Professor/Teacher of Semmelweis University (official, signed-stamped document written on letterhead paper)
- Motivation Letter
- Transcript of Records (if you are a 1st year student, we ask a student status certificate)
It is mandatory to upload all the three documents in the online application system, and the documents also need to be sent to the following contact persons (please see below) in e-mail.
- Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Health Sciences: email@example.com
The applications will be evaluated on the grounds of these three documents, and applicants may receive the university’s official recommendation letter based on the decision following the evaluation process and signed by the dedicated person. Only this official recommendation letter can be accepted, just a recommendation letter from a Professor/Teacher will not be enough for the scholarship application.
Please make sure that you fill in your Neptun code in the online application system, when you do your application for the scholarship.
Those applicants who are registered self-financed / fee-paying students at the doctoral level (postgraduate, PhD), please contact Krisztina Tölgyesi-Lovász (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive information about the process. Please note that the requirement of average is not valid for you.