The following services are offered to PhD students and doctoral candidates by the Department of Languages for Specific Purposes:
- Intermediate (B2) level professional English final examination for PhD students. The examination is a professional conversation (introduction and discussion about studies and professional career based on the curriculum vitae previously sent to the Department of LSP).
- Threshold (A2-B1) university final language examination in German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish or Latin for medicine, pharmacy or dentistry, as the second compulsory language examination.
During the oral examination, PhD students give a 7-minute presentation (PowerPoint) about their PhD topic in the chosen foreign language. The ppt is to be emailed to the Department before the exam. In the case of Latin, the focus of the exam is the the abbreviations used in medicine.
- The Department offers consultations in all the above listed languages to help students prepare for the examinations.
The examinations will be held on request, at a time agreed in advance. A written certificate of completion is issued after a successful examination. Applicants can apply to the language examination coordinator of the Department of LSP, Angelika Bíró-Szabó, during term time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proofreading of scientific publications written in English
As per the request of the Vice-Rector for Science and Innovation, our Department offers proofreading services to PhD students covered by the university, with a 10 working day deadline. Please submit your proofreading requests to email@example.com
Further information can be found at:
- Proofreading of PhD theses and abstract booklets written in English
Our experienced native English proofreader, employed with a contract, performs proofreading for a fee of 7200 HUF/ 60 minutes. We also offer a proofreading service for posters and voice-overs. If students wish to use the services above, payment can be transferred between the relevant departments, within the accounting system of the university.
- Preparation for an English presentation (for a conference or poster presentation) in the form of a consultation. The fee is 7200 HUF/ 60 mins.
Katalin Fogarasi PhD
Department of Languages for Specific Purposes