If you have intermediate or advanced (at least B2 level) general language skills in English / French / German / Italian / Russian / Spanish, please apply for English / French / German / Italian / Russian / Spanish for Special Purposes I.-IV courses.
Languages for Special Purposes courses I-IV. are not built on each other, they can be taken freely, they only differ in their topics (see https://semmelweis.hu/szaknyelv/tematikak/).
If you have never learned the language or have learned it for a very long time and have not used it ever since, please apply to our Introduction to English / French / German / Italian / Russian / Spanish classes.
Fully beginner students will become familiar with the language through medical or dental or pharmaceutical jargon terms at the Introduction courses.
We are waiting for you in our advanced (Languages for Special Purposes) or completely beginner (Introduction) professional language classes!
Department of Languages for Specific Purposes
Dear Pharmacy Student,
- Currently, the third-, fourth-, and fifth-year students are free to choose between taking the old type professional final exam or the new type professional basic exam, provided by the Study and Examination Regulations (Section 7 § 1).
- If you want to pass our new type professional basic exam, please apply for the 2-credit Professional Basic Exam Preparation Course through Neptune. This course prepares you exclusively for the new type professional basic exam, which measures skills other than the old type professional final exam.
- If you want to pass the old type professional final exam, you cannot apply for the new type professional basic exam in Neptune, but on our website (https://semmelweis.hu/szaknyelv/) or in person at Ferenc tér 15, as the old type professional final exam is not available in Neptune. We will issue a certificate of completion of the exam.
- In preparation for the old type professional final exam, in accordance with the practice of previous years, there are weekly consultations, which can be applied to the teachers by e-mail or in person during the week of admission, or at the latest during the first week of education. As we did not have a credit preparation course for this exam in Neptun before, the preparation for the exam and the course of the exam will remain unchanged in a running-out system in accordance with the previous curriculum.
- If you are a third-, fourth- and fifth-year-student and have already applied for the new type 2-credit Professional Basic Exam Preparation Course, you will be able to complete the course according to the new requirements. If you want to pass the old type professional final exam, please transfer to the credit-free group preparing for the old type exam at the competent language teacher. If you have any questions or problems, we are at your disposal.