THE PROCEDURE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROOFREADING SERVICES PROVIDED BY
THE DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGES FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES
FOR LECTURERS, RESEARCHERS OR STUDENTS (TDK OR PHD)
OF SEMMELWEIS UNIVERSITY
FROM 1ST JUNE, 2020
- On behalf of the Vice-Rector for Science and Innovation, the Department undertakes the proofreading task of manuscripts for international publication in English free of charge and within 10 working days, paid from the budget provided by the University. Conditions: the first or last author of the manuscript is a lecturer, a researcher, or a TDK or PhD student at Semmelweis University; the length and language quality of the study allow for a maximum proofreading time of 4×60 minutes. (For reference: if the text is comprehensible and only stylistic and grammatical corrections are necessary, 8–10 pages – excluding affiliations and references – can be completed within this time.)
- If organizational units within Semmelweis University require proofreading of a document that
– is not intended for international publication and/or is not a full publication (e.g. it is an abstract or a book chapter),
– the first or last author is not a PhD or TDK student, a lecturer or a researcher at Semmelweis University, the gross fee for proofreading is HUF 7200 per 60 minutes to be paid by the last author’s department by invoice payment or transfer.
- If the first or last author of the manuscript is a PhD or TDK student, a lecturer or a researcher at Semmelweis University, but the duration of the proofreading exceeds 4×60 minutes due to the linguistic quality or the length of the manuscript, the Department will charge a gross fee of HUF 7200 per 60 minutes for any proofreading exceeding 4 hours to be paid by the last author’s department by means of transfer. In such cases, the Department will send a notice to the author and their department in advance indicating the estimated duration of the proofreading and the relevant fees.
The Department carries out an authenticity check on the manuscripts received. Authors shall be aware that author data, affiliations and references may greatly distort the results of the evaluation. The Department will endeavor, where possible, to carry out the authenticity check on a version free of such data and will inform the author of the results.
In all cases, please also indicate to which journal the authors intend to submit the manuscript.
Requested format: MS Word
The Department is committed to supporting all researchers of the University in their scientific publication activity.
Katalin Fogarasi Ph.D.
Department of Languages for Specific Purposes