SEMMELWEIS INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS’ CONFERENCE
The Students’ Scientific Association of Semmelweis University invites abstracts for submission to the annual Semmelweis International Students’ Conference. This year the Conference will take place
Online (platform: Zoom)
on the 12th February, 2021.
General requirements for the submission of abstracts
- Abstracts in every topics of medicine are welcome.
- All abstracts must be original work
- All abstracts may have two authors maximum
- Doctoral students may not be (co)authors
All abstracts will undergo a preliminary review of a scientific committee selected by the Secretary of Students’ Scientific Association. E-mail feedback will be given about the decision of the scientific committee. The title of all accepted abstracts will be uploaded to the website after the decision.
Abstracts will be grouped by topics. Please indicate the topic most suitable to your abstract at submission. Please note that this does not guarantee that your abstract will be grouped within this topic in the final program
The official language of the conference is English
Participants from Semmelweis University are not allowed to submit an abstract on the same topic submitted to the annual students’ conference of the university.
The time limit for a presentation is 10 minutes that is followed by a 5-minute-long discussion
Abstract submission procedure:
Applications must be submitted via the Conference website:
- Do not resubmit your abstract for any reason other than a submission error
- Once your abstract has been submitted no further changes are possible
- Abstract acceptance notification will be sent to all presenting authors
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure accuracy of content, spelling and presentation, as abstracts will be published exactly as submitted
- Case reports will not be accepted
Abstract submission deadline: 15th December, 2021. 24h (CET)
Abstract formatting instructions
- Only standard abbreviations may be used in the text and they must be defined in brackets, just after the full word or phrase the first time it is typed.
- Non-proprietary (generic) names should be used the first time a drug is mentioned and the proprietary name should be underlined.
- The abstract text should not exceed 2400 characters (including spaces).
- The name of the presenting author should be typed in CAPITAL LETTERS and the co-author(s) in lower-case letters.
- Please do not use localized signs like ä, æ or ç!
- Please do not paste tables
- Do not include references, but the abstract has to contain the specification of methods and results.
Registration for the conference is free
Budapest, 29th October 2020