Semmelweis University Students’ Scientific Conference 2022
Attention: due to the pandemic situation, the conference will be held online.
The Students’ Scientific Association of Semmelweis University invites You to the
Semmelweis University Students’ Scientific Conference
to be held at Semmelweis University,
Budapest Nagyvárad square 4. between
9-11 February, 2022.
Extended application period: November 15. – December 5. 24h
Due to the pandemic situation, the Organizers reserve their rights to make changes to the event programme and conference format.
Terms of application
- the student is a registered member of the Students’ Scientific Association at Semmelweis University; reported by the TDK coordinator of the institute/department
- a presentation can not have more than two authors and two supervisors
- a student can be the first author of only one presentation from a certain institute. If the student performs TDK work at two different institutes, they can be first author of a maximum of 2 presentations.
- if qualified for the national round (OTDK), the order of the authors can not be changed, and one student can only apply with one presentation as first author for the OTDK
- people enrolled in Ph.D studies can not be authors of a presentation. This rule does not apply to students enrolled in MD-PhD programmes, who are still undergraduates.
- only those get to present at the conference, who have taken the “TDK munka” course for the semester
The language of the conference
Complete english-speaking sections can be organized in the case of sufficient number of announced presentations.
The length of presentations is 10 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of discussion.
- needs to include applied methods and details of results, up to 2400 characters
- abstract contains: Introduction, Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusions
- case reports will not be accepted
- abstracts also submitted in previous years (with the same content) will not be accepted
- during presentations, projectors can be used to display slides
Submitted abstracts undergo a preliminary review process by a professional board led by the president of the Students’ Scientific Association Council. Authors, whose submitted abstract is not accepted will be informed about the decision.
Information about classified abstracts:
- based on the advice of the Innovation Directorate of Semmelweis University, students can initiate the classification of their abstracts, if it involves intellectual property with patent-potential
- upon checking all submitted abstracts, the Innovation Directorate may also recommend the classification of individual abstracts that authors are not obliged to accept
- classified abstracts will not be presented in the conference program (Orvosképzés journal), or they will appear in a modified form
- sections at the conference are open to all audience, however in sections containing classified abstracts, members of the audience are asked to sign a privacy form, and any form of recording is prohibited
Submission of classified abstracts to the National Students’ Scientific Conference (OTDK) is not possible.