In the emergency situation caused by the novel coronavirus Semmelweis University is making every effort to provide appropriate working conditions for its employees and to ensure that patients treated at the university’s hospitals feel safe. These efforts are supported by incoming donations that we post on this constantly updated page as a way of saying thanks.
Our work at the university, consisting of patient care, research, education and administrative activities supporting them can be aided via three foundations. Donations to any university department may be made via the following foundations:
Madách Theater would like to thank all those who have participated in COVID patient care, have done and are doing a heroic job. Therefore, the theater offered 100 online tickets to the university staff for the premiere of the musical entitled Tell me on Sunday, which will be broadcasted online on 11 June (Friday) at 8:00 p.m.
The Hungarian State Opera House would like to thank all those who have taken part in COVID patient care, have done and are doing a heroic job in these difficult days. Therefore, the Opera House offered 100 tickets to the University, to the premiere of the performance entitled Figaro³, which will be held on 26 June (Saturday) at 7:00 p.m. at Eiffel Műhelyház.
Market Építő Zrt. provided a donation of 8 million HUF to the Heart and Vascular Center of Semmelweis University. With their voluntary support, the employees of the Hungarian construction company aimed to acknowledge the sacrificial work of the nursing staff of the health care institutions performed in the epidemiological situation. The donation was symbolically handed over on 14 May by Laura Puszta, Operational HR Manager of Market Építő Zrt. and Edit Blahut, Office Manager to Dr. Béla Merkely, Professor, Rector of Semmelweis University, Director of the Heart and Vascular Center.
On the occasion of International Nurses Day, colleagues at the Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center surprised the nurses at the Geriatrics Clinic and Center for Nursing Sciences of the 250-year-old prestigious Semmelweis University’s Szent Rókus Clinical Block with sweet delicacies prepared by Executive Chef Róbert Melis and his team. Because of the events of the past year, an even greater recognition and gratitude go to those who persevere in the current situation and take care of our loved ones day after day when they meet them in the most vulnerable situation, sick, freshly operated, or only weakened due to old age. The visit took a touching turn when a package of very kind drawings was handed over to our colleagues by the hospital staff in recognition of the kindness.
MOL-LUB Kft., a manufacturer and distributor of disinfectants offered small packages of alcohol-based hand disinfectants for workers of inpatient institutions in Hungary.
- MOL Hygi Fluid 200 ML – 2729 pcs
- MOL Hygi Fluid 500 ML – 2999 pcs
The Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy receives televisions
Eight LED televisions were donated to Semmelweis University’s Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Thearpy by the foundation “Ne dobd ki” (Do not throw it away) in addition to the 13 TVs that they donated to the Department’s COVID care division in November. The newly donated TVs will be installed there as well.
The Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy receives a donation of masks
KC Struktur Kft. donated 50 of their newly developed and 3D printed half masks to Semmelweis University’s Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Thearpy. The masks were handed over to Dr. Judit Laki, employee of the department by Boglárka Csősz, the company’s co-owner and head of external relations.
Semmelweis University foundation received a donation of four million forints for epidemic control
Semmelweis University Foundation spent four million HUF donated by Lurdy Ház Kft. on the acquisition of equipment necessary for COVID patient care. The donation was symbolically given to Dr. Attila Szabó, Vice-Rector for Clinical Affairs and Irén Baumgartnerné Holló, Director General of Economic Management by Dr. Stephen Szakál, Managing Director of the shopping centre and Fanni Zwichl, Marketing and Communication Manager.
The Budapest Operetta Theatre donated a thousand masks with unique patterns to the 1st Department of Paediatrics
The staff of the Budapest Operetta Theatre made masks mainly from textiles that were left over from making costumes. Half of the donation will be given to sick children and the other half to the staff of the 1st Department of Paediatrics.
A lifesaving neonatal transport incubator was donated to Semmelweis University’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology by the Mészáros Group
L’Oréal Hungary offered 1,000 gift packages containing beauty products to the nurses working at Semmelweis University on the occasion of International Nurses Day.
Auchan Magyarország Zrt. supports the nationwide representative screening project with posters. The posters drawing the attention to the importance of the COVID-19 screening tests performed by the Hungarian medical universities will be displayed in the Auchan supermarkets all over Hungary this week. Auchan Magyarország Zrt. pays for the production and the installation of the posters as well.
The Kolping Association of Pestszenterzsébet donated HUF 1,000,000 to the Semmelweis Foundation to support coronavirus related research.
OTT-ONE Nyrt. has donated thousands of high quality, masks certified in European to the Hungarian medical universities, including Semmelweis University.
In response to the current epidemic BDPST Group, a real estate development company provided immediate financial support to the 1st Department of Paediatrics, which was used to purchase 1,000 respiratory masks (FFP2). The masks were distributed among the health care units of the university, which provided protection for the healthcare workers for some days.
Katinka Hosszú donates HUF 1.5 million for coronavirus-related reseazrch
Katinka Hosszú three-time Olympic, nine-time world and 14-time European champion swimmer, has made a donation of HUF 1.5 million to the Semmelweis University Foundation, which will be used to fund research related to the coronavirus.
In the special edition of Semmelweis University’s animated series, we show you the steps of washing your hands properly, because we know it since Ignác Semmelweis that washing your hands is one of the best ways to prevent infections. The special edition was made possible by Kolibri Pictures and Armand Kautzky, as the voice of Ignác Semmelweis.
Many of the university’s hospitals receive regularly or occasionally meals or snacks from the following restaurants and companies:
- Tommy di Napoli Pizzéria
- Food Universum Kft.
- Oinos Wine Bar & Bistro
- Leroy Bistro
- Öltönyök Háza
- Artisan Pékség
- Cserpes Sajtműhely
- VIWA vitamin water
- activé FiberShake
- Artizán Pékség
- Coca-Cola Magyarország
- Cocó7 Csokoládé
- Hungarian Bocuse d’Or Academy Association
- Hungarian Ice Hockey Federation
- Fans of Kispest and Zoltán Kriski
- Viblance Kft.
- Multi-Cikória Kft.
- Vászolyi Sajt Manufaktúra
- Molnár László – Molnár’s Kürtőskalács
- M.L. Energy Kft.
- Nestlé Hungary
- Hallja kend? – Sándor Babusa
- Waberer’s International Nyrt.
- Alessio Kávézó és Étterem
- Turbó Diéta
- WayCup Budapest Café
- Kednde Gastro Zrt.
- The Office of Self Instructor Groups of Budapest Corvinus University
Farm Tojás Kft.
Smaller devices, cosmetic products and chemical goods have been donated by the following companies and individuals:
- Eucerin (hand cream samples)
- Philips Magyarország Kft. (2 coffee machineskávéfőző)
- Dr. Cecília Szilas (2 packs of facial masks)
- Innoveng Kft. (disinfectants)
- Richter Gedeon Nyrt. (masks and rubber gloves)
- Mölnlycke Health Care Kft. (masks and rubber gloves)
- Janssen-Cilag Kft. (masks and rubber gloves)
- Instruktor Öntevékeny Csoport (2 refridgerators)
- Mirawind Kft. (150 name tags)
- Pólónagyker (150 T-shirts)
- 3D printing against coronavirus (masks)
- NAOS Hungary Zrt. (Bioderma products)
- La Roche
- Yves Rocher Hungary Kft. (400 db kézkrém, 300 db kézmosó gél, 40 db tusfürdő)
TAKBIKE biciklis üzlet (70 db FFP maszk)
- Posay (creams)
- Márta Molnár, Beauty Partner Kft. (hand cream)
- Social Point Foundation (two microwave ovens, a coffee machine and a printer)
- Ágnes Pigniczky and Gabriella Mihályi (plastic foil)
- Yves Rocher Hungary Kft. (400 hand creams, 300 hand washing gels, 40 shower gels)
- ECLECTICK, Edina Gyovai-Farkas and the Meerkat Foundation for Children with Diabetes (100 face mask)
- Bioderma (Bioderma products)
- L’Oreál Hungary Kft. (CeraVe shower gels and body lotions)
- iHair Kft. (500 face masks for children)
- Enikő Fisher (500 masks)
- HOLD Alapkezelő (300 special masks)
- Biotest Hungaria Kft. (200 special masks)
- Blaskó Zsuzsa (large amount of Sudocrem)
- Varga Balázs (several packs of laminating sheets)
- Waberer’s-Szemerey Logisztika Kft. (9 pallets of detergent)
- Ágnes Benedict (office supplies)
- Waberer’s International Nyrt. (2 pallets of detergent)
- Budapest Chapter of the Hungarian Chamber of Health Professionals (1500 FFP2 masks)
TAKBIKE bike shop (70 FFP masks)
- iHair Kft. (10 UVC disinfection appliance)
- Miller’s 3D (10 pieces of 3D printed mask straps)
Budapest Chapter of the Hungarian Chamber of Health Professionals (1500 FFP2 masks)
- Denkstatt Hungary Kft
- Group of mommies from Budaörs
- Hungarian Hospital Association (salt pipes, razors)
- Biomed Kft. (comfrey and marigold cream)
The following individuals supported Semmelweis University with volunteering:
- Sándor Zsolt Nagy (informatics and editing jobs)
- László Bóna (helping with graphics)
- Semmelweis University’s Students’ Union delivered donations to the university’s clinics in collaboration with the Alumni and EFOTT
- László Frauenhoffer (infographical editing)
Other donations were offered to our hospitals by the following individuals:
- Zsolt Benedek (one flat)
- Erik Temesvári (five guest rooms)
- Péter Dovák (two flats)
- Orsolya Huszár (two flats)
- Paulina Pomlényi
- Zsanett Szabó and Zsolt Benedek (one flat)
- Francesco Annunziata (three flats)
- Panni Lutter (one flat)
- Lajos Szabó– Kőröshegyi Levendulás
- Ádám Pintér (two flats)
- Andrea Mátrai (one flat)
- a father donated 6 liters of disinfectant, a box of masks and a box of rubber gloves to the Diabetes Department of the 1st Department of Paediatrics, and he also helped to to get lunc menus for the staff of the department from the Faház Önkiszolgáló Étterem