The number of doses of the COVID-19 vaccine administered by Semmelweis University staff has exceeded 500,000 on 7 January 2022. A daily updated vaccine counter is displayed in the header of the university website. It is Semmelweis University’s responsibility to vaccinate the employees of hospitals, health service providers (for example general practitioners, home pediatricians, dentists and their assistants) as it is ordered by the government, as well as the employees of the National Ambulance Service and the residents of retirement homes.
University staff started the vaccination of those entitled to the vaccines and signed up by their GPs on 4 February 2021 and the vaccination of pregnant mothers started on 27 March 2021.
Vaccination of health workers who have not yet been vaccinated is subject to prior notification and permission from the National Center for Public Health. Accordingly, the vaccination of the following healthcare workers of Semmelweis University can be requested:
- The medical health care personnel of the Clinical Center’s organizational units, who have not yet requested vaccination.
- Medical students participating in clinical education (Faculty of Medicine: 4th-6th Year; Faculty of Dentistry: 3rd-5th Year; Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences: 4th-5th Year; Faculty of Health Sciences: 3rd-4th Year; András Pető Faculty: students participating in practical training; Faculty of Health and Public Administration: students participating in practical training).
- Medical students participating in health care education (including PhD students), who voluntarily take part in patient care (screening, nursing aid responsibilities, working at vaccination centers).
- Hungarian and international students of medicine and dentistry independent of their year.
- All those from the above groups, who had been through COVID-19 infection 3 months ago or more.
Provided that the vaccination program of the National Public Health Care is extended, and a necessary amount of the vaccine is available, the vaccination of those Semmelweis citizens, who do not belong to any of the above mentioned categories, can be immediately started. In the meantime, it is necessary to register online on the web page of vakcinainfo.gov.hu.
100% of the physicians at Semmelweis University’s Clinical Center and 100% of other health professionals are protected, meaning they have been vaccinated or have been infected with COVID-19 within the past 6 months.