Credit points, certification and evaluation of requirments is given at the end of the semester by the Head of the Department of Radiology, Semmelweis University.
Medical ultrasound (US) will be stressed during the course, however, participation in the on-call duty is also available (CT scans, X-ray).
* Preparation for US examination
* Knowledge in ultrasound basics, software, and transducers
* Performing FAST (Focused Assessment with Sonography in Trauma)
* Performing FAST (Extended Focused Assessment with Sonography in Trauma)
* Performing RUSH (Rapid Ultrasound for Shock and Hypotension)
* Free abdominal fluid ultrasound
* Ultrasound of pneumothorax, alveolar and interstitial edema and pleaural fluid
* Ultrasound of main abdominal organs (liver, gall bladder, kidneys, spleen, bladder) and main vessels. Recognition of acute illness (’acute abdomen’) such as aortic aneurysm, hydronephrosis, acute cholecystitis.
Knowledge requirements at the end of the course:
* Performing FAST and RUSH ultrasound
* Performing basic abdominal ultrasound, recognition of acute abdomen
* Knowledge of which symptoms require medical imaging