The Don Gnocchi Foundation (Italy) is looking for a
PhD candidate (Cochrane Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine).
The Don Gnocchi Foundation is one of the largest private organizations in Italy for Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (PRM), with 29 centres throughout the country and abroad. It has two research hospitals that receive specific financing from the National Health Service, and relationships with a number of Universities. Specifically this project is developed by the Centre of Rovato, where a very dynamic and fastly developing research group has been established since almost 5 years, and where an Evidence Based Medicine in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine is located. The PhD position will be granted by the University of Brescia, provided a preliminary exam is passed by the candidate.
The successful applicant will work in an international collaborative project which aims to develop the newborn Cochrane Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine Field (that is a European Society of PRM initiative ESPRM, with the support of the PRM Section and Board of the European Union of Medical Specialists, and the International Society of PRM – ISPRM). The PhD student will have the opportunity to develop a PhD research plan within this larger project, and will contribute to the launch, organization and maintenance of the Field. The research project will be conducted with a network of PRM specialists and related professionals already including today more than 30 countries from all continents.
- University degree of 5 years
- Knowledge in statistics and epidemiology – possibly specifically in systematic reviews
- Knowledge in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Strong interest in Evidence Based Medicine
- Organizational skills and ability to communicate
- Independence, curiosity and open-mindedness to explore innovative ways to develop the Cochrane PRM Field
- Excellent proficiency in English and ability to learn languages
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
Preferably, the successful candidate has
- Experience with the development or evaluation of systematic reviews
- A clinical background in the PRM field, with epidemiological interest
- Alternatively an epidemiological background, with interest in PRM
Typical tasks include
- Planning and conducting of systematic reviews
- Contacts with peers of other countries to develop specific projects of the Cochrane PRM Field, including knowledge translation, and education
- Writing of scientific papers
- Deal with methodological issues in PRM research
- A full-time remunerated position until completion of the PhD at the Don Gnocchi Foundation in Rovato (Brescia) in a stimulating and productive working atmosphere
- Possibility to be enrolled as a PhD student at the University of Brescia, provided the preliminary exam is passed
- Encouragement, support and supervision in the publication of scientific papers
- Opportunities to participate in international conferences
The position is maintained until PhD conclusion (3 years), ideally starting in October 2016 or by agreement. The PhD is granted by the University of Brescia, provided a preliminary exam is passed by the candidate.
For further information regarding the project please contact Prof. Stefano Negrini – firstname.lastname@example.org
Preliminary colloquia will be held during these Meetings:
- European Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine: 24-27 May 2016
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine: 29 May – 1 June 2016
Interested? Ask by email (email@example.com) for a preliminary colloquium at the previously mentioned two Meetings or via Skype. We are looking forward to your full application, preferably sent by email as a single pdf-file which should include a one-page letter outlining your motivation, a CV, and two references. Closure date for the application is 15 June 2016.
Please address application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to “PhD Cochrane PRM” in e-mail correspondence.