The venue of the forum: Basic Medical Science Center, Hári Pál lecture hall
The date of the forum: May 16, 2023 02:30 PM
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR 2023/24/1 semester:
application period: New deadline: 26. 04. -05. 06. 2023.
Documents to be uploaded:
- Curriculum Vitae with detailed work/professional experience (1-2 pages)
- a photocopy of the university diploma(s),
- if a non-Hungarian diploma: an authenticated translation or its naturalisation document should be submitted,
- if required, the equivalence decision of the Hungarian Ministry of Education (of a non-Hungarian diploma)
- in case of application without MSc, MD etc. degree: Certification of the examination results, the credit certificate from Neptun
- proof of at least one intermediate state accredited language examination C type, or the certificate of an equivalent language examination, or certicate of the supervisor about the necessary English knowledge, or certificate of English language university studies
- short research plan, which is the outlines of the selected research tasks in case you apply for a specific theme attached to a particular supervisor (2-3 pages)
- list of publications (if you have any publications)
- written recommendation of the supervisor/ consultant
- documents which can certify the additional points (second degrees, awards, publications, etc.)
- receipt which proves payment of the application fee which is 9,000 HUF, it can be paid:
- by online card payment (payment by Debit or Credit card via Simple pay, started from the Application interface)
- by bank transfer, based on Proforma invoice.
If you choose bank transfer, please send the following information to Anita Márczis (email@example.com) and Mónika Baracsi (firstname.lastname@example.org): applicant’s name, address, ID number/Passport number, phone number, email address, or in case of a company invoice request: applicant’s name, company name, Billing address, tax number, phone number, email address and the company’s statement in email about that it accepts electronic invoices.
IMPORTANT! In case of paying by transfer, it is required to upload the document confirming the payment (payment proof), not the invoice, to the Application interface.
The interviews are organized in June by the scientific doctoral schools.
The result of the entrance exam will be sent to the candidates till 1. August.
Application to the untrained program involves an entrance interview and the complex exam.
The semester starts on 1. September 2023 but untrained students may take their complex exam after 1. September.
General InFORMATION ABOUT DOCTORAL PROGRAMS:
Semmelweis University School of PhD. Studies offers two conventional programs for obtaining a PhD. degree:
- Regular (“Trained”) Program
- recommended for students with no or moderate scientific experience
- duration: 5-8 semesters (4 semesters for training and research, 1-4 semesters for research and preparing the diploma work)
- Advanced (“Untrained”) Program
- recommended for students with significant scientific experience and achievements
- duration: 1-4 semesters for research and preparing the dissertation
Admission requirements and process for training program:
- Doctoral applicants must be university graduates (MSc or MA degree) or students registered for their final semester of university studies.
- Applicants for the English-Language program must have a good command of English, which is assessed at the entrance interviews
- When applying to the program, applicants are required to state the specific training program and research topic they wish to pursue within one of the University’s doctoral schools.
- All the doctoral programs and the open topics led by active supervisors of the School of PhD Studies are available: https://semmelweis.hu/phd/en/doktori-iskolak-en/doktori-iskolak-temai-en/
- The admission procedure is based on evaluating the candidate’s general and topic-related knowledge as well as personal ability, academic competence and previous scientific activity and contribution.
APPLICATION PERIOD starts for the spring and the fall semesters
- in November
- in April
Forms of Financing
- State Grant (available only for EU citizens, EU blue card holders, researcher/lecturer permanent card holders)
- fellowship of 140.000 HUF/month during training and 180.000 HUF/month thereafter
- but not entitled to TAJ card in Hungary
Fees for sELF FiNANCED Students
- Tuition fee for international self-financed students : 8.000 EUR/semester
- Discounted tuition fee for Semmelweis University international graduates: 4.000 EUR/semester
- Untrained candidates: 97500 HUF/semester