Doctoral Council calls for application for PhD training.
Semmelweis University School of Ph.D. Studies offers two conventional programs for obtaining a PhD. degree:
- Regular (“Trained”) Program
- recommended for students with no or moderate scientific experience
- duration: 5-8 semesters (4 semesters for training and research, 1-4 semesters for research and preparing the diploma work)
- Advanced (“Untrained”) Program
- recommended for students with significant scientific experience and achievements
- duration: 1-4 semesters for research and preparing the dissertation
Application to the Untrained program involves an entrance interview and the complex exam.
Admission requirements and process for training program:
- Doctoral applicants must be university graduates (MSc or MA degree) or students registered for their final semester of university studies.
- Applicants for the English-Language program must have a good command of English, which is assessed at the entrance interviews
- When applying to the program, applicants are required to state the specific training program and research topic they wish to pursue within one of the University’s doctoral schools.
- All the doctoral programs and the open topics led by active supervisors of the School of PhD Studies are available: https://semmelweis.hu/phd/en/doktori-iskolak-en/doktori-iskolak-temai-en/
- The admission procedure is based on evaluating the candidate’s general and topic-related knowledge as well as personal ability, academic competence, and previous scientific activity and contribution.
Forms of Financing
- State Grant (available only for EU citizens)
- fellowship of 140.000 HUF/month during training and 180.000 HUF/month thereafter
- but not entitled to TAJ card in Hungary
The admission fee is HUF 9 000 which can be paid:
- by online card payment (by onlinebank card payment initiated from the registration interface via with Simple pay)
- by transfer, on the basis of an invoice.
If you choose bank transfer, please send the following information to the staff of the Financial Management Unit – Doctoral School (email@example.com) regarding the payment of the admission fee:
- applicant’s name, address,
- Passport number,
- phone number,
- e-mail address.
When requesting an invoice for a company:
- name of applicant,
- company name,
- headquarter address,
- tax number,
- phone number,
- email address
- the company’s statement in email about whether it accepts electronic invoices
- the company’s signed, attached pdf statement about its bank account number.
If you choose to pay by bank transfer, please upload the payment proof to the admission interface, also send it to the staff of the Financial Management Unit – Doctoral School (firstname.lastname@example.org). Finalization of the application is possible only after uploading the payment proof.
- Tuition fee for international self-financed students : 8.000 EUR/semester
- Discounted tuition fee for Semmelweis University international graduates: 4.000 EUR/semester
- Untrained candidates: 97.500 HUF/semester
The link for applicattions:http://phdapplicant.semmelweis.hu
Applications can be uploaded from 30 November to 15 December 2023.
The interviews are organized after 15 January 2024 by the doctoral school.
The semester starts on 1 February 2024.
Prof. Zoltán Benyó
President of the Doctoral Council