Our institutional background is primarily based on the Institute of Behavioural Sciences, Semmelweis University Budapest.
Aims, scopes, interests
Our scientific interests are mainly, but not exclusively related to sleep research, more specifically to the relationship between sleep, behaviour and psychological phenomena. According to our opinion sleep provides a perfect insight so as to understand human behaviour. Sleep constitutes nearly 1/3 of human life being the most common altered state of consciousness. Consequently our knowledge about the psychic events and their relations to the neural processes will be incomplete until we do not expand the study of these contigencies to sleep. Hence sleep research is a specific case and fruitful approach of the body-mind problem.
Sleep and psychophysiological laboratory at the Institute of Behavioural Sciences, Semmelweis University Budapest
- SD LTM EXPRESS 32 Portable Amplifier for Ambulatory EEG/polygraphy monitoring
- Brain-Quick BQ132 Heabox and EEG Amplifier
- Actiheart – combined long-term ambulatory actigraphy and HRV analysis
- DADiSP 6.7 – signal processing software
- Hypnodyne Zmax
- Comprehensive Metaanalysis software