Introduction in Clinical Medicine
Lecturer: Prof. László Kalabay MD PhD
Institute: Department of Family Medicine
Duration: One semester, practicals: 12×2.5 hours/semester
Exam: Written test (for coursework mark)
Credit value: 2 credit points
Minimum/maximum group size: 55/180
- Development of professional consciousness.
- Most frequent diseases in the clinical department and the general practitioner’s office. Case reports.
- Referral of patients. The medical consultation.
- Communication with the patient and his/her relatives. The role of the family in the treatment of and care for acute and chronic diseases.
- Effective cooperation with patients. Means to improve compliance.
- The importance of disease prevention.
- Team work in medicine.
- Overview of the research activity at the clinical department. Raising interest in participating.
Application: Péter Torzsa
e-mail: torzsa[AT]med.semmelweis-univ.hu or ptorzsa[AT]gmail[DOT]com.
Application date: 1st September
Precondition: Only for students in the 2nd year, following completion of the Medical Profession program.