What we offer
- Full range of cardiovascular imaging procedures including large and small animal experimental imaging.
- MR, CT for large animals, US for small animals.
- Basic, translational, and clinical research services, research protocol design, data transfer options, advanced image analysis, and reporting.
Why work with us
- With its ever-growing capacity and ongoing innovations, the Cardiovascular Imaging Core Laboratory of the Heart and Vascular Center of Semmelweis University is created to perform experimental and clinical cardiovascular imaging at the highest levels.
- Having state-of-the-art equipment concerning cardiac MR, CT, cardiac and vascular ultrasonography, the core facility is a unique concept in our region.
- Special fields of scientific interests include athlete’s heart, heart transplantation, artificial intelligence, among others.
- MR equipment
1.5T Siemens Magnetom Aera, Software VE11E. Postprocesing: Medis Suite Software (Medis Medical Imaging Software, The Netherlands)
- CT equipment
A single source 256-slice Philips iCT scanner and a dedicated 560-slice cardiac scanner (GE Cardiographe). 3 workstations for quantitative plaque analysis (MEDIS Qangio) and pericoronary fat assessment. Syngio.via and Philips Intellispace applications for the evaluation of cardiac CT scans
- US equipment
(including experimental US): 7 high-end echocardiography systems (Philips EPIQ, GE Vivid E95, equipped with 4D transthoracic and transesophageal transducers, high frequency linear transducers), TomTec Arena portfolio for advanced analysis (speckle tracking, 3D analysis)