IV class block study – (English course)
II.Department of Surgery
1. What does the vital indication mean?
2. Where to percuss the abdominal free air?
3. What are the most common complications of thyroid surgery?
4. What does the fundoplication mean?
5. What kind of diseases can cause dysphagia?
6. What kind of tissue can be used for the reconstruction after oesophagectomy?
7. Draw the Billroth resections!
8. Which vessels give the blood supply for the stomach?
9. What is the Calot triangle!
10. What are the sympthoms and signs of cholagnitis?
11. What kind of factors can indicate the resection of benign liver tumors?
12. Which vessels give the blood supply for the liver?
13. Which imaging techniques are required for the diagnosis of a liver tumor?
14. How to establish the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis?
15. What are the tipical sympthoms of chronic pancreatitis?
16. Which lab parameters suggest obstructive jaundice?
17. What is Courvoisier sign? What is Murphy sign?
18. Which type of resection has to be choosen for a coecum neoplasia?
19. Why to follow the principles of organ sparing at M. Crohn?
20. What is the indication of rectum exstirpation?
21. What does the indirect inguinal hernia mean?
22. What is the most common benign breast laesion?
23. What does the sentinel lymphnode mean?
24. Describe the Hartmann procedure!
25. What does the R0 resection mean?
26. Name 3 precancerotic laesions in surgery?
27. What does the neoadjuvant treatment mean?
28. What is the pseudomembranous colitis?
29. When do you need to use naso-jejunal feeding?
30. Where is the McBurney point?
31. What are the indirect signs of acute appendicitis?
32. List the criterias of wound healing?
33. What are the steps of wound healing?
34. How to prevent the nosocomial infections?
35. What is the difference between abscessus and phlegmone?
36. List the inflammatory diseases of the skin and its appendages (min 3)!
37. What does the relative indication mean?
38. What is the difference between a curable and a resectable case / tumor?
39. How to treat bitten and gunshot wounds?
40. What is the definition of LES?
41. What is the rectus diastasis?
42. What are the most important (surgical) complications of peptic ulcers?
43. What is the surgical significance of the Meckel diverticulum?
44. What are the indications for surgery in inflammatory bowel disease?
45. Which perianal disorders represent an emergency surgical condition?
46. What kind of vaccination is prescribed before a planned splenectomy?
47. What is the main cause of hematemesis?
48. What is the main cause of hematochezia?
49. What are the main types (3) of ileus according to etiology?
50. Which type of ileus is the more dangerous: small or large bowel?
SURGERY I TOPICS
FOR IV th YEAR MEDICAL STUDENTS
1. WOUNDS AND THEIR CLASSIFICATION. WOUND HEALING.
2. WOUND INFECTIONS. SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT.
3. SURGICAL INFECTIONS. THE ROLE OF ANTIBIOTICS IN SURGERY.
4. INDICATIONS AND TYPES OF OPERATIONS.
5. THE PREOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT OF SURGICAL PATIENTS.
6. THE POSTOPERATIVE TREATMENT AND COMPLICATIONS.
7. SURGICAL ONCOLOGY (basic principles of the diagnosis)
8. SURGICAL ONCOLOGY (basic principles of the treatment)
9. ILEUS (diagnosis and treatment)
10. PERITONITIS (diagnosis and treatment)
11. APPENDICITIS ACUTA (diagnosis and treatment)
12. ROLE OF LAPAROSCOPY IN ABDOMINAL SURGERY
SURGERY II – TOPIC LIST
1. SURGICAL DISEASES OF THE ADRENAL GLAND
2. GOITRE (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
3. TUMORS OF THE THYROID GLAND (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
4. SURGICAL ASPECTS OF THE PARATHYROID GLAND
5. HIATAL HERNIA – GERD
6. DIVERTICULI OF THE OESOPHAGUS, ACHALASIA,
7. INJURIES OF THE OESOPHAGUS
8. OESOPHAGEAL TUMORS (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
9. SURGICAL ASPECTS OF PEPTIC ULCER DISEASE
10. TUMORS OF THE STOMACH (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
11. GALLSTONE DISEASE (symptoms, diganosis, treatment, complications)
12. TUMORS OF THE BILIARY TRACT (bile duct and gallblader)
13. BENIGN LIVER TUMORS (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
14. PRIMARY AND SECUNDARY LIVER TUMORS (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
15. SURGICAL ASPECTS OF ACUTE PANCREATITIS (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
16. SURGICAL ASPECTS OF CHRONIC PANCREATITIS (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
17. TUMORS OF THE PANCREAS – RADICAL AND PALLIATIVE SURGERY
18. SURGICAL ASPECTS OF COLORECTAL POLYPS, POLYPOSIS SYNDROMES, DIVERTICULOSIS
19. TUMORS OF THE LARGE BOWEL (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
20. INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE – SURGICAL ASPECTS
21. HAEMORRHOIDS, ABAL FISTULE AND FISSURE, ANORECTAL ABSCESS
22. HERNIA (definition, forms, types and sympthoms)
23. HERNIA (treatment and complications)
24. BENIGN BREAST LAESIONS (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
25. MALIGNANT BREAST TUMORS (symptoms, diganosis, treatment)
The course leader is the director of the clinic, Dr. Gábor István
Study responsible: Dr. György Ledniczky clinical chief physician
All educators in the clinic participate in the education.
Sabiston Essentials of Surgery. Saunders.
Davis-Foster-Gamelli: Essentials of Clinical Surgery. Mosby Year Book
Davis-Christopher (ed.: Sabiston): Textbook of Surgery. The biological basis of modern surgical practice. Saunders Company.
Gaál: Sebészet. Bp. Medicina 2012
Littmann: Sebészeti műtéttan. Bp. Medicina