Who should apply?
Our first assessment is recommended to non-Hungarian motor disabled children between 2 and 17 years of age who are diagnosed to have athetosis, spastic diplegia, infantile spastic hemiplegia, spastic tetraparesis or cerebellar ataxia as a consequence of damage to the central nervous system.
How to apply?
You are requested to make your application for the first assessment in writing, in Hungarian, English, German or Russian language, by post, fax or e-mail.
Address: Semmelweis University, Andras Peto Faculty, 1125 Budapest, Kútvölgyi út 8.
Telephone: ++36 1 224-1543
Fax: +36 1 224-1523
What documents are required?
Name(s) and details of parent(s)/guardian:
Child’s name and details:
- Year of birth
- Therapies applied so far
- Medical records: birth history, orthopaedist’s, neurologist’s, (if the child’s vision is also impaired, ophthalmologist’s) recent reports in Hungarian, English, German or Russian language
- Photos, if possible short video recordings showing the child’s current condition
What happens when we receive your documents?
A senior conductor will study the documents and, if necessary, consult a paediatrician, neurologist or psychologist. If the documents suggest that the child would benefit from conductive education, the family will get an appointment for the initial assessment.
What are the goals of the conductive assessment?
The assessor will
1. Decide whether our method can help your child.
2. Set the goals conductive education could probably achieve.
3. Recommend the optimal form and frequency of conductive education.
- Brief information on the goals and procedure of the assessment
- Short video film on conductive education
- Collection of data with the help of a questionnaire
- Observation of the child’s motor condition, readiness to cooperate, responses, level of social development, cognitive abilities
- Information of parents about the findings
- Subject to the outcome of the assessment selection of the optimal form of conductive education
- Discussion of the goals and possible date of the first conductive education period
Duration: 1-1,5 hours approximately
Assessments may be carried out
- Individually or
- In a group
Essential conditions of group assessments
- At least 4-5 children applying at the same time
- Similar age
- Same language
The Institute’s official languages are Hungarian, English, German and Russian. If the parents do not speak any of these languages, they have to provide for an interpreter.
If more than two years have passed since the child’s last conductive education period, a re-assessment must precede his/her admission to the optimal group for the optimal period of time. This re-assessment is free of charge.
How to effect payment?
Following the assessment you are kindly requested to pay the assessment fee at our Institute’s cash desk in cash (HUF, EURO, USD) or by credit card. The following credit cards are accepted: edc Maestro, Eurocard/Mastercard, JCB Cards, Visa, Visa Electron. The Forint equivalent of the assessment fee is always calculated according to the current rate of exchange of the Hungarian Foreign Trade Bank.