Oral Diagnostics I.
2019/2020 II. semester
- Sources of the information which are needed to define the patient’s health status. What are those anamnesis data what can fit the criteria of classification as a risk patient?
- Types of documentations at patient’s admission. Rules of data protection. Analysis of the anamnesis sheet: what kind of relations are needed to be looking for and what types of mistakes are worth noticing?
- The main steps of the patient examination. What is the right order? Stomato-oncological patient examination and its significance, method, steps.
- First steps of the patient examination. When does it begin, which are the initial data, how could we use them and with what kind of critics do we analyse them? In case of consultation’s requests which data of the patient are allowed to give out to the consultant physician and what kinds of privacy requirements do we have to meet?
- Examination of lymphatic nodes of the head and neck. Areas of high priority. Characterization of pathological lymphatic nodes and their evaluation.
- Examination of the oral mucosa. Differential diagnosis of pathological alterations.
- Up to date methods of the caries diagnostics. Possibilities of the differentiation between carious and intact tissues.
- Non-carious lesions of the hard tissues of the teeth, their cause and their treatment possibility.
- Diagnostic criteria in the prosthetic dentistry.
- Parodontological diagnostics.
- Diagnostic methods and indicators of screenings.
- Diagnostics of temporo-mandibular joint.
- Diagnostic methods in endodontics.
- Diagnostic steps in orthodontics.
- Diagnostic methods of salivary glands.
- Differential diagnostic of the pain in the head and neck region.
- Diagnostic examination of elderly patients.
- Early diagnosis of the malignant tumors of the head and neck region and its significance, methods and signs.
- Risk patients in the dental office.