|Frigyes Korányi Science Forum – RECOOP Student Conference 2019 Announcement|
The goal of our annual Science Forum is to offer an opportunity for students to present the results of scientific research they are involved in, in order to facilitate interdisciplinal cooperation and global perspective. Therefore, every graduate student contributing to biomedical research is welcome to perform, regardless of their faculty.
The English session of the Frigyes Korányi Science Forum first took place in 2015. This initiative was supported by a central European research network, the Association for Regional Cooperation in the Fields of Health, Science and Technology (RECOOP HST Association).
Members of the jury of the conference sessions are RECOOP HST Association’s international experts.
Students are required to give a 5-minute oral presentation (with PPT) at the Plenary Session, followed by a Poster Discussion (1 hour) at the their posters. Required poster size: W90 x H120 cm!
Date of the conference: April 11, 2019
Venue: Hotel Tatra, Bratislava
In case this short introduction awakened your interest, we are looking forward to your application! You can submit your abstract in the following categories, please select the most fitting for your work:
Plenary Sessions on Frigyes Korányi Science Forum – RECOOP Student Conference 2019
Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD)
Abstract submission deadline: December 29, 2018
To send your application and to submit your abstract for the Science Forum, please use this form.
Formal requirements for abstracts
To help the authors with formal requirements, we provide a sample DOC file in which you should replace highlighted (yellow) parts with your text. It is highly recommended to use the abstract template, otherwise your abstract may be rejected due to inadequate format.
- Abstract title should be no longer than 150 characters (counting letters and spaces).
- Authors should be represented with last name, first name and initials of middle-names.
- Names of the department(s) and institution(s) related to the work should be attributed. If authors belong to several different institutions, the use of superscript digits is required to relate the authors to the institutions they represent. The corresponding author’s data have to be given separately.
- Keywords are mandatory, maximum five are allowed. Please use MeSH terms to define your keywords.
- Abstract should be structured as follows: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusion. To write these paragraphs, use no more than 300 words, up to 2300 characters (counting letters and spaces).
- Financial support or grants related to the research have to be disclosed.
- Authors must prove to have ethical permission by providing the following information:
- If it is clinical research, Ethical Committee Approval – date and number, approval institute.
- If it is preclinical animal research, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Approval – date and number, approval institute.
- Your abstract should not exceed one page with „Normal” margins and use minimum font size 11!
- The author should declare if the submitted abstract already printed, presented and accessible using Google or Google Scholar and shall indicate the date and the event.
All of the abstracts will undergo prereview, in order to select the best students, who will be the participants at Frigyes Korányi Science Forum – RECOOP Student Conference 2019. All those selected are invited to the consecutive RECOOP 14th Bridges in Life Science Annual Conference on 12-14 April, 2019 in Hotel Tatra, Bratislava. The ten students found best based on the jury’s decision will also give a presentation at the RECOOP 14th Bridges in Life Science Annual Conference. In addition, the best five of them will be offered an internship with a RECOOP research team conducting research similar to the students’ own.
With further questions please contact:
Frigyes Korányi College for Advanced Sciences (Semmelweis University)
Association for Regional Cooperation in the Fields of Health, Science and Technology (RECOOP HST Association, www.cedars-sinai.edu/Research