ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The aim of our annual Science Forum is to offer a presentation opportunity to students involved in biomedical research during graduate years. The conference provides a platform for scientific interactions for more than 20 years to facilitate the interdisciplinarity in life sciences. Our target group is the community of medical, dental and pharmacy students from medical universities.
English language session of the Frigyes Korányi Science Forum started in 2015. This initiative was supported by a central European research network, the Association for Regional Cooperation in the Fields of Health, Science and Technology (RECOOP HST Association).
Participants demonstrate their scientific results to Session Chairs who are members of Jury Committees composed from RECOOP HST Association’s international experts. Research works are presented in two mandatory parts:
- On Plenary Sessions: 5-minute oral presentation with PPT.
- On one-hour Questions and Discussion (after the Plenary Session) at the poster. Required poster size: W90 x H120 cm!
Date of the conference: March 9, 2018
REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Download: Detailed Invitation
If the principles of our Science Forum meet your interests, we wait for your application. Following list contains areas of interest on 2018th year’s Forum. You can submit your abstract exclusively in these categories. We kindly ask you to select the most fitting for your work:
Plenary Sessions on Frigyes Korányi Science Forum – RECOOP Student Conference 2018
Drug Development and Effects (DDE)
Translational Medical Research (TMR)
Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD)
Neurodegenerative Diseases (NDD)
Clinical Research: Oncology, Infections, Immunology,
Quality of Life and et al. (CLR)
Medical Imaging (MI)
Deadline for abstract submission: December 18, 2017 (midnight)
To register and submit your abstract for the Science Forum, please use this form:
Due to technical issues, a Google account (Gmail address) is required to fill the form in. If you do not have one, for further registration opportunities please contact: email@example.com
Formal requirements for abstracts
To help the authors with formal requirements, we provide a sample DOC file in which you should replace highlighted (yellow) parts with your text. It is required and highly recommended to use the Abstract Template. Otherwise it is most likely that your abstract will be rejected.
Abstract Template file:
- Abstract title should be no longer than 150 characters (count letters and spaces).
- Authors should be represented with last names and first names and initials of middle-name.
- Names of the department(s) and institution(s) related to the work should be attributed. If authors belong to several different institutions, superscript digits should be used to relate the authors’ names to respective institutions. The corresponding author listed separately with e-mail address.
- Maximum five key words should be given. Please use MeSH terms to define your keywords.
- Abstract should be structured as the follows: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusion. To write these paragraphs, use no more than 300 words, up to 2300 characters (count letters and spaces).
- Source(s) of research support in the form of financial support, grants should be represented.
- Authors must provide information:
- If it is a clinical research, Ethical Committee Approval – date and number, approval institute.
- If it is a preclinical animal research, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Approval – date and number, approval institute.
Your abstract shall not exceed one page with „Normal” margins!
Best presenters (winners of the Plenary Sessions) get an opportunity to demonstrate their work on an international life sciences conference (RECOOP 13th Bridges in Life Science Annual Conference on April 12–15, 2018, Zagreb, Croatia). Their abstracts will be published in RECOOP Abstract Book which will be the official supplement of The Ukrainian Biochemical Journal (ISSN 2409-4943) in April, 2018.
CONFERENCE VENUE AND PROGRAM
The location of the Forum: Danubius Hotel Gellért (Szent Gellért tér 2, Budapest H-1114). Program details will be uploaded to our website continuously. The program includes two coffee breaks (AM and PM) and a lunch break.
With further questions please contact:
+36 30 755 1383
Frigyes Korányi College for Advanced Sciences (Semmelweis University)
Association for Regional Cooperation in the Fields of Health, Science and Technology (RECOOP HST Association, www.cedars-sinai.edu/Research