Forum about the terms and conditions of the admission to the doctoral PhD training
A forum organised by the School is held on 23. May 2019 at 18:00.
Venue: the Basic Medical Science Center (EOK building) Hevesy György Hall.
Information about the terms and conditions of the admission and the details of the PhD training are presented by Professor József Tímár, Head of the Doctoral Council and Professor Zoltán Benyó, the Head of the Educational and Credit Board
Semmelweis University School of Ph.D. Studies offers two programs for obtaining a Ph.D. degree:
- Regular Program
- recommended for students with no or moderate scientific experience
- duration: 5-8 semesters (4 semesters for training and research, 1-4 semesters for research and preparing the diploma work)
- Advanced (“Untrained”) Program
- recommended for students with significant scientific experience and achievements
- duration: 1-4 semesters for research and preparing the diploma work
Admission Requirements and Process for training program.
- Doctoral applicants must be university graduates (MSc or MA degree) or students registered for their final semester of university studies.
- Applicants for the English-Language program must have a good command of English, which is assessed at the entrance interviews
- When applying to the program, applicants are required to state the specific training program and research topic they wish to pursue within one of the University’s scientific doctoral schools.
- All the doctoral programs and the open topics led by active supervisors of the School of PhD Studies are available: http://semmelweis.hu/phd/en/doktori-iskolak-en/doktori-iskolak-temai-en/
- The admission procedure is based on evaluating the candidate’s general and topic-related knowledge as well as personal ability, academic competence and previous scientific activity and contribution.
Forms of Financing
- State Grant (available only for EU citizens)
- fellowship of 140.000 HUF/month during training and 180.000 HUF/month thereafter
- Registration fee for the application: 9.000 HUF
- Tuition fee for international self-financed students who enroll from the 2019/2020 academic year: 8.000 EUR/semester
- Discounted tuition fee for Semmelweis University international graduates: 4.000 EUR/semester
Application for 2019/2020
New deadline 31 . May 2019
The interviews are organized late June by the scientific doctoral schools.
For the application please fill in the 2 forms from the link below:
- Application for entry to doctoral studies (one electronic version is supposed to be sent to email@example.com address)
- Record of the PhD entrance exam
The printed and signed application package is supposed to be sent to the address below:
Dr. Tímár József
Doktori Iskola Hivatala
Üllői út 26.