Semmelweis University School of Ph.D. Studies offers two programs for obtaining a Ph.D. degree:
- Regular Program
- recommended for students with no or moderate scientific experience
- duration: 5-8 semesters (4 semesters for training and research, 1-4 semesters for research and preparing the diploma work)
- Advanced (“Untrained”) Program
- recommended for students with significant scientific experience and achievements
- duration: 1-4 semesters for research and preparing the diploma work
Admission Requirements and Process for training program.
- Doctoral applicants must be university graduates (MSc or MA degree) or students registered for their final semester of university studies.
- Applicants for the English-Language program must have a good command of English, which is assessed at the entrance interviews
- When applying to the program, applicants are required to state the specific training program and research topic they wish to pursue within one of the University’s scientific doctoral schools.
- All the doctoral programs and the open topics led by active supervisors of the School of PhD Studies are available: http://semmelweis.hu/phd/en/doktori-iskolak-en/doktori-iskolak-temai-en/
- The admission procedure is based on evaluating the candidate’s general and topic-related knowledge as well as personal ability, academic competence and previous scientific activity and contribution.
Forms of Financing
- State Grant (available only for EU citizens)
- fellowship of 140.000 HUF/month during training and 180.000 HUF/month thereafter
- Registration fee for the application: 9.000 HUF
- Tuition fee for international self-financed students who enroll from the 2019/2020 academic year: 8.000 EUR/semester
- Discounted tuition fee for Semmelweis University international graduates: 4.000 EUR/semester
15th December -15th January
15th April- 30th May
The interviews are organized in late February and June by the scientific doctoral schools.
For the application please fill in the 2 forms from the link below:
- Application for entry to doctoral studies (one electronic version is supposed to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org address)
- Record of the PhD entrance exam
The printed and signed application package is supposed to be sent to the address below:
Doktori Iskola Hivatala
Üllői út 26.