Dr. Orsolya Márta PÉTER
- 1989 – doctor of juridical science (LLB), “summa cum laude” (Faculty of Law, University of Miskolc)
- 2012 – Chartered Linguist (Diploma in Translation), English, specialisation in Law (Faculty of Humanities, „Eötvös Loránd” University)
- 2014 – family counsellor (Hungarian Association of Family Therapists, formation in course)
- 2017 – Healthcare Specialist Lawyer (Faculty of Law, „Eötvös Loránd” University, formation in course)
English – Chartered Linguist (English), specialisation in Law
Italian and English – Advanced Certificate (C1)
French and Russian – Intermediate Certificate (B2)
German, Spanish, Latin – speaking, reading and writing skills
- 1989-1994: University of Miskolc, Faculty of Law, Department of Roman Law, Assistant Lecturer.
- 1994-1997: ibid., Senior Lecturer.
- 1997-2012: ibid., Associate Professor, Head of Department between 2004-2012
- 2012- : Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine, Senior Lecturer.
- University of Miskolc, Faculty of Law:
Roman Law (lectures and seminars in Hungarian); The Roman Law Foundations of Civil Law (lectures and seminars in Hungarian); Women in Ancient Law and Society (in English); Roman Family Law; Roman Family Law for Sociologists; The History of Welfare Politics and Social Policy.
- Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine:
Bioethics/Medical Ethics (lectures and seminars in Hungarian and English) – for medical students, dental students and pharmacology students
Bioethics/Medical Ethics – for resident doctors
The Scalpel and The Paragraph: Special Issues of Medical Practice in Light of the Law –elective courses in Hungarian and English
Research and Scientific Degrees:
- Human life and the law; the legal issues of intrauterine life and birth; Ancient Gender Studies; the legal issues of medical practice in ancient Rome
- 1996: Candidate (PhD) in Law; thesis: “The Social and Legal Aspects of Family Planning, Intrauterine Life and Birth in Ancient Rome “
- 1989: University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Fellowship of the Italian State, Corso di perfezionamento in diritto romano“, research
- 1990 – 1991: University of Köln, DAAD research fellowship
- 1992 – 1998: University of Naples “Federico II”, research fellowships
- 1994 – 1997: Centro Romanistico Internazionale di Copanello (University of Catania), guest lecturer
- 2003: Centro di studi e ricerche sui diritti antichi (University of Pavia)
- 1997: research grant of Consiglio Nazionale per le Ricerche
- 2001-2003: “OTKA” research grant