Font Sizes: A A A

History

Our Institute was founded in 1959, in its core with the group of young scientists originally working with Arisztid Kovách in the Institute of Physiology. In the early years, it conducted research in the fields of circulatory physiology and pathophysiology and supported cooperative research with groups in the clinical departments of surgical character. From 1972, our Institute began teaching physiology first to Hungarian, then English language medical students, and from 2001 to students of pharmacy. (Former directors: Arisztid Kovách 1959-1990, Emil Monos 1990-2000.)

History (in extenso)