- Founded in 1769 as the Medical Faculty of the University of Nagyszombat.
- The oldest medical school in Hungary.
- Named in honour of Ignác Semmelweis, the revolutionary 19th century obstetrician also known as “the saviour of mothers”.
- Programmes are offered in four languages: Hungarian, English, German and Italian.
- Motto: Servamus vitam atque servimus (“Protecting and serving life”)
- The University’s name is abbreviated as: SE
Faculty and Staff
|Total staff:||ca. 9000|
|Academic Staff:||ca. 1500|
|Members of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences:||16|
Students (2016/2017 academic year)
|Faculty||Total students||International Students|
|Health and Public Services||555||13|
|School of Ph.D. Studies||438||21|
| South Korea||93|
Last updated: March 20, 2017