The Semmelweis Innovation Centre began its operations in July 2013, completely renewing the institutional background supporting R&D&I activities at Semmelweis University. The Directorate of Innovation’s main objective is to preserve the scientific elite amidst the current economic difficulties, and to provide a stable base for quality innovation processes worthy of Semmelweis University, while preserving existing good practices.
The Directorate serves as a liaison between business and reserchers, and provides assistance to researchers from their first idea through its realisation to preparing business plans. The Directorate’s staff work in collaboration with Semmelweis University’s researchers, faculty, and other organisational units in order for innovative research and development initiatives at the University to be more effectively realised.
SE innovation strategy – The goal is to become a regional innovation centre (reference institution, multiplier role):
- The coordinated development of physical, virtual, enterprise, and intellectual infrastructure that foster innovation;
- The strengthening of new types of relationships, utilising synergies (between research and the business sphere, at various levels and in both the private and public sectors;
- The integration of launched R&D&I projects into the national and international scientific world;
- The improvement of the conditions surrounding research and development in health and life sciences;
- The strengthening of the University’s competitiveness on the international scientific market.