Contents of the Entrance Exams
The exams consist of multiple choice tests in Biology, Chemistry and English, followed by an oral examination, which will focus on the applicant’s knowledge of Biology, Chemistry and English, and will be supplemented by a personal interview that aims to examine the applicant’s professional attitude, too.
Guideline of Topics for the Entrance Exam
at the Faculty of General Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy – 2018/2019 Academic Year:
- Evolution: chemical and biological aspects
- Chemical background in Biology: Structure of atoms; Molecules – chemical bonds; Solutions; Chemical reactions; Inorganic constituents; Hydrocarbons; Organic compounds containing Oxygen or Sulphur; Organic compounds containing Nitrogen; Carbohydrates; Amino acids and Proteins; Lipids; Vitamins; Nucleic acids.
- The cell and its organization (morphology and function): Prokaryotes (viruses, bacteria) and Eukaryotes (focus on cilia and flagella, cell wall, cell membrane, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi, lysosome, mitochondrion, plast, ribosome, centriole, nucleus, nucleolus).
- From cells to tissues of different structure and function (plant and animal tissues as well).
- Cell division: mitosis and meiosis.
- Anabolic and catabolic pathways regarding nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids (photosynthesis, bioenergetics included).
- The physiology of living organisms: respiration, ingestion and digestion, excretion, circulation, endocrine and neural regulation, immunobiology, locomotion.
- Reproduction and development of animals.
- Genetics: Mendelian inheritance, human genetics.
- Basic ethology.
Note: In all of these questions, knowledge of English terminology is required!
The evaluation of the Entrance Examinations will be performed by the University Board.
Date of Examinations for 2018
|Date||City||Country||Host of the examination|
|March 3-4||Oslo||Norway||Bjørknes Høyskole|
|March 23-24||Abu Dhabi||U.A.E.||Ghassan El Rifai – Univer360|
|March 24-25||Hannover||Germany||Christopher Musmann – MEDIZINSTUDIUM|
|April 7||Los Angeles||USA||George Matsik|
|April 14||Milano||Italy||U4You University for You – Dafina Dicheva|
|April 14-15||Madrid||Spain||Christopher Musmann – MEDIZINSTUDIUM|
|April 17-18||Tokyo||Japan||Hideya Ishikura – HMU|
|April 19-21||Budapest||Hungary||College International|
|April 21||Kochi||India||Ranjit Plaha|
|April 23||Delhi||India||Ranjit Plaha|
|April 22-23||Tel-Aviv||Israel||Roni Fried – University International Studies|
|April 23-26||Seoul||South Korea||FEPC Korea, Medisociety Korea and USAEDUKOREA|
|April 28||Beijing||China||EU-Sino – Kelly Zhang|
|May 1||Shanghai||China||OSEN Meds/OSEN Overseas Affairs Service Co. LTD – Ellen Wang|
|May 12-13||Dublin||Ireland||Dr. Timothy J. O’Leary|
|May 13-15||Tel-Aviv||Israel||Roni Fried – Univerity International Studies|
|May 15-17||Budapest||Hungary||College International|
|May 18-19||Abu Dhabi||U.A.E.||Ranjit Plaha|
|May 26||London||UK||Ranjit Plaha|
|May 26-27||Hannover||Germany||Christopher Musmann – MEDIZINSTUDIUM|
|June 2-3||Oslo||Norway||Bjørknes Høyskole|
|June 2||Los Angeles||USA||George Matsik|
|June 2||Limassol||Cyprus||Alexandros Charalambides – M.D.K. Educational Consultants Ltd.|
|June 5-6||Budapest||Hungary||College International|
|June 17-18||Tel-Aviv||Israel||Roni Fried – Univerity International Studies|
|June 20-21||Madrid||Spain||Christopher Musmann – MEDIZINSTUDIUM|
|August 18||London||UK||Ranjit Plaha|
Entrance examinations are expected to be held on the following locations* for 2018:
- Athens, Greece
- Deerfield, USA
- Istambul, Turkey
- Toronto, Canada
- Stockholm, Sweden
* Locations are subject to change