Course title: Medical informatics
- 7 x 90 min lecture:
- 14 x 90 min practice
- Introduction: disruptive technologies in health care
- Medical data – definitions, their collection and use on the individual and population level
- Medical information on the Internet
- Informatics background of the ambulance care – mobilcommunication
- The background of basic healthcare informatics – integrated healthcare systems
- The active aging – lifestyle supported by informatics
- Evidence based medicine
- Application of MS Excel in the dental practice (functions, diagrams)
- Application of MS Word in the dental practice
- Individual complex exercise I. (MS Excel)
- Database management basics (MS Access)
- Data representation and data visualisation (MS Powerpoint, Prezi)
- Individual complex exercise II. (MS Access)
Lectures and practice materials: available in the DEI Cloud. Username and password is announced at the first lecture/practice.
- Attendance at min. 75% of the classes (both lecture and practice).
- Max. 2 absence allowed from lectures
- Max. 3 absence allowed from practices
- Computer test from the lecture topics in the exam period.
Exemption: By submitting the official exemption form to the English Secretary. Partial exemption of the practices is possible. Please ask for an appointment for the signature of the form in the email below!
Administration / Contact:
- Dóra Bacsa
- 15 Ferenc Square 2nd floor, Office 208
- In case of issues requiring signatures, please make an appointment by email!