Family Medicine in daily practice
In the course of the five seminars the Department of Family Medicine teaches all undergraduate medical students the various aspects of medicine which family doctors use in their daily life.
Key elements of these seminars include:
- The structure and functioning of the Hungarian Primary Health Care System. Activity of the general practitioners.
- The ranges of normality as they will help to recognize and anticipate deviations from normal and the earliest manifestations of disease
- Quick diagnoses. Applying the best available evidence in investigations and and management of common conditions in family medicine.
- The different roles of the physician and awareness of their own personal strengths and weaknesses and how it affects the Patient-Doctor relationship.
- The appropriate selection and use of screening methods for the early detection of disease. The principles of preventative care and methods to implement appropriate screening and patient education programs
- Assessing patients’ illness experience within their family and social context
- Learn to manage in-hospital urgent and emergency situations in primary care.
- Management/treatment approaches of common conditions
- Rural medicine
- Video communication to improve communication skills
- Arrangement for the 2-week practice (rotation).